XBO : Can you tell much difference between 720p TV vs 1080p?

#51method115Posted 12/28/2013 5:04:29 PM
I think it's actually better if you have a 720p TV. Stops thes upscaler from kicking in and taking it to 1080p. At least I think maybe I'm wrong about that.
---
PSN: method114
#523HPPosted 12/28/2013 5:09:00 PM
TheBorderCollie posted...
Except that you specifically included resolution as a reason the game was superior, and you stated that it LOOKED noticeably different even when it was merely a jump from 640p to 720p (obviously how good it "looks" isn't related to performance). This means that yes, resolution DOES matter by your own statements.

LOL....No.....Read my response again.

RDR was inferior because even with the lower resolution, it couldn't run as well on the PS3. Pointing out the resolution was used to make that point.

That's a big difference than now, when Sony Fanboys are focusing on resolution when the technical performance isn't hindered.

And keep up the stalking and research; it's cute.

How is resolution not part of the technical performance? You are cherry picking and jumping through hoops so hard right now to defend your troll hypocrisy. Its rather funny.
#53TerraUniversePosted 12/28/2013 5:13:13 PM
It depends on the size of the TV, what games you're playing and where you sit.

If you're TV is really big, even a 1080p HDTV will not look as good, because it's too big and you'll see the 1080 lines.

With Xbox One, it's fine to play on 720p, but I would recommend a 1080p game, because some of the Xbox One games are in 1080p and some are in 900p, which is greater than 720p. It means on a 720p TV you're losing some information.

If the TV is less than about 37 inch you won't see much of a difference.

It doesn't make that big of a difference, though. The graphics look the same, it's just how much information is being shown. Don't focus, because like I said, a lot of the games are not specifically made for one or the other (like 900p in a game), so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just game on whatever you've got there.
#54nizam216Posted 12/28/2013 5:22:04 PM
Yes it does. Only an iPhoney will tell you otherwise because they have to justify their purchase of a phone that does not even have an industry standard HD screen by attempt to assert that resolution is meaningless.
#55Laylow12Posted 12/28/2013 5:24:27 PM
Except that you specifically included resolution as a reason the game was superior, and you stated that it LOOKED noticeably different even when it was merely a jump from 640p to 720p (obviously how good it "looks" isn't related to performance). This means that yes, resolution DOES matter by your own statements.

RDR was inferior because even with the lower resolution, it couldn't run as well on the PS3. Pointing out the resolution was used to make that point.

That's a big difference than now, when Sony Fanboys are focusing on resolution when the technical performance isn't hindered.

A wolf, chewing off its own paw; trying to survive....isn't.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#56TheBorderColliePosted 12/28/2013 6:02:11 PM
3HP posted...

How is resolution not part of the technical performance? You are cherry picking and jumping through hoops so hard right now to defend your troll hypocrisy. Its rather funny.

Read what I originally said about RDR. And "LOL" at you accusing someone of "troll hypocrisy"....
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
Annoy a domestic terrorist....VOTE!
#57TheBorderColliePosted 12/28/2013 6:04:16 PM
Laylow12 posted...

A wolf, chewing off its own paw; trying to survive....isn't.

*eyeroll

That is truly one of the silliest things I've seen on this site....which is saying a lot.
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
Annoy a domestic terrorist....VOTE!