Is Kinect and it's functionality worth $100 to you?

#71Lerp85Posted 1/2/2014 9:26:43 AM
epicfailtryhard posted...
shauntennine posted...
No one has mentioned the worst part about kinect. I had the original Xbox and the Xbox 360 and loved them. But I refuse to have a product by Microsoft (DEEP in bed with the spooks) that is listening to every word I say in the privacy of my own house even when its powered off.

And I'm sure someone is gonna reply back with "nuh uhhhh. It only listens for 'xbox on'." And to that I'll say, stop kidding yourself.

I would love to have the xbox one but I think you guys are freaking crazy for hooking that thing up in your house.

THIS SO MUCH! it will never happen!

It has been pointed out already but I might as well do it as well.

If you think this then you must not have a phone or computer with a cam at all? You don't walk through stores or anything either I am assuming, since there are cameras there as well.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#72nableetPosted 1/2/2014 10:57:29 AM
Lerp85 posted...
shauntennine posted...
No one has mentioned the worst part about kinect. I had the original Xbox and the Xbox 360 and loved them. But I refuse to have a product by Microsoft (DEEP in bed with the spooks) that is listening to every word I say in the privacy of my own house even when its powered off.

And I'm sure someone is gonna reply back with "nuh uhhhh. It only listens for 'xbox on'." And to that I'll say, stop kidding yourself.

I would love to have the xbox one but I think you guys are freaking crazy for hooking that thing up in your house.

If you think this then you must not have a phone or computer with a cam at all? You don't walk through stores or anything either I am assuming, since there are cameras there as well.

Cameras in store =/= camera in house.

Phone cam is generally pointing away from you, or in your pocket.

Webcams are for teenage girls :)
---
GT - Tyfighta23 PSN - N/A
#73Laylow12Posted 1/2/2014 11:19:59 AM
BadLuckInc posted...
Lerp85 posted...
skermac posted...
Kinect is the wave of the future and if you don't want to use it you are missing out on the most up to date gaming experience you can have. State of the art baby!

this is what a shill (or as i prefer to call them-stooge) sounds like. textbook example. all the sincerity of a gameshow host coupled with the grandiose enthusiasm of a televangelist.

The funny thing is that when I questioned the state of the art thing and pointed out how it isn't he had nothing to say about it what so ever. LOL

State of the Art: The most recent stage in the development of a product, incorporating the newest ideas and the most up-to-date features.

The Kinect 2.0 is doing a lot better job of implementing its technology then the PS4's Eye. Please tell me what else is the Kinect's competition regarding consoles?

I'd say competition would be an NSA sponsored wire tap but they don't need any extra stuff if you're hooking KINECT 2.0 up in your home and paying for that privilege.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#74MetroidFan9999Posted 1/2/2014 11:21:27 AM
hellllll no.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#75Lerp85Posted 1/2/2014 11:56:22 AM(edited)
nableet posted...
Lerp85 posted...
shauntennine posted...

Web cams come stock on almost any laptop.

Also, it is not just the cam you gotta worry about, they are listening in according to people on here as well, so how does your phone fair in that?
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#76nableetPosted 1/2/2014 12:02:18 PM
Lerp85 posted...
nableet posted...
Lerp85 posted...
shauntennine posted...

Web cams come stock on almost any laptop.

Also, it is not just the cam you gotta worry about, they are listening in according to people on here as well, so how does your phone fair in that?

My laptop doesn't have a camera, but it is a work laptop.

If they can listen to my phone when I don't have Wi-Fi on or Mobile internet on, then I would be concerned. As far as I know, you can only listen to calls in progress with the Net off(?).
---
GT - Tyfighta23 PSN - N/A
#77Chanfan02Posted 1/7/2014 11:28:22 PM
The voice commands work flawlessly for me but I find the gestures are a bit iffy. Sometimes they work sometimes they don't. Overall I think it is a cool piece of tech and I am glad I have one.
---
XBL: Chanfan02
PSN: JChanfan
#78quincy2000aPosted 1/7/2014 11:43:19 PM
No.

And my Kinect has never been connected.

And I wish Microsoft had invested that extra $100 into hardware and components that make the One equal to what the PS4 has under its hood (we've been outgunned this generation, folks).
#79SythisTaruPosted 1/7/2014 11:56:56 PM
Yes, it's worth 400 to me.
#80LadyYachiruPosted 1/8/2014 12:15:34 AM
No.
---
Vita teneat nisi miseriam.
Death by bubbles....what a pity.