Is Kinect and it's functionality worth $100 to you?

#91Kovifan27Posted 1/14/2014 9:30:29 AM
I don't want nor need a Kinect for my XboxOne.

My wife wanted one for the 360. It lasted several weeks with dancing games being used. After she was done with her dancing games it hasn't been used at all.

So for games it serves no real purpose for me. I am not going to lean on my couch to peek around a corner in some shooter game. I am not going to get up and dance the Dougie.

It can turn Xbox on or off and snap chat and some other commands. Yeah it's not worth near a $100. I also won't be shocked when ads pop up for Burger King or Hardee's if you are talking about Wendy's new burger with a friend. The advertising potential of the Kinect is huge. How long can they ignore it?
#92dnmtPosted 1/14/2014 9:32:15 AM(edited)
Kovifan27 posted...
I don't want nor need a Kinect for my XboxOne.

My wife wanted one for the 360. It lasted several weeks with dancing games being used. After she was done with her dancing games it hasn't been used at all.

So for games it serves no real purpose for me. I am not going to lean on my couch to peek around a corner in some shooter game. I am not going to get up and dance the Dougie.

It can turn Xbox on or off and snap chat and some other commands. Yeah it's not worth near a $100. I also won't be shocked when ads pop up for Burger King or Hardee's if you are talking about Wendy's new burger with a friend. The advertising potential of the Kinect is huge. How long can they ignore it?

MS already said the Xbone was designed with advertising in mind. They're not ignoring it, of that you can be certain. I'm sure it will become more pronounced over time just like with the 360.
#93MRL3G3NDPosted 1/14/2014 9:40:36 AM
it's worth more to MS than it is to the person who pays for it...

I could do without it, but since it was a packaged deal it is like a handsfree remote...it's useless otherwise... definitely not worth $100 yet

there is no such thing, will there ever be a must have Kinect app

lol
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q