What is the point of letting Xbox 360 users know their friend has a Xbox One?

#11hollow-sasukePosted 12/29/2013 6:30:19 PM
You're inadvertently mad a your friends because they bought an Xbox One? Okay, get over it. And Microsoft did that so you'd feel left out and opt to purchase a XBO to keep up with the Joneses.
---
"My eyes red cause of all that hate" @_@
#12IMProdiGYPosted 12/29/2013 6:33:18 PM
Just because! What else would want it to say?
---
gl hf
#13Who knowsPosted 12/29/2013 6:39:51 PM
Saxon posted...
Like, I'll be checking out what my friends are doing online and a few of them are always on Xbox One.

I'm almost encouraged to delete them as friends since all they're doing is playing Xbox One now.

The 360 did the same thing with the original xbox. Except not only did it do THAT, it banned your original xbox's live account until year 9999. I think they fixed it eventually, but I never looked back.
---
I once knew, but now I no know, so who knew who knows?
Times people have replied to my topics with Who Knows? 51
#14MicropolisPosted 12/29/2013 6:47:08 PM
I still use my 360 and this is a feature allowing me to see my fiends. I still go back and play with them. They can see me and invite me. If the Ps3.5 can't do this I would be upset. You are on the wrong board and should be complaining over at the PlayStation forums.
#15TheCyborgNinjaPosted 12/29/2013 7:04:48 PM(edited)
Saxon posted...
Like, I'll be checking out what my friends are doing online and a few of them are always on Xbox One.

I'm almost encouraged to delete them as friends since all they're doing is playing Xbox One now.

You do realize how bitter you sound, right?

Maybe it lets you know so you can determine whether or not to invite them to your game? Because some of them may have sold their 360 and be unable to join you. This way, you know they can't join you and aren't actively out to offend you by declining (as part of some brilliant conspiracy to hurt your feelings and make you think you're poor).
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#16bgwilly255Posted 12/29/2013 7:28:06 PM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
Saxon posted...

You do realize how bitter you sound, right?

Maybe it lets you know so you can determine whether or not to invite them to your game? Because some of them may have sold their 360 and be unable to join you. This way, you know they can't join you and aren't actively out to offend you by declining (as part of some brilliant conspiracy to hurt your feelings and make you think you're poor).

I can see where he was coming from. The main reason for friends on XBL is to play multiplayer with, isn't it? If they dont play 360 anymore and he only has a 360 then I don't see why it'd be bad on him to delete them. I often delete friends that no longer play the same games online as I. It's not being bitter it's just being practicable. You could say the same for someone who deletes friends whom haven't played online in over 3 years. It's not being bitter that they haven't logged it, it's just pointless to have them on your list.
---
Disabled Vet. USMC-Sgt 0844.
#17mindoftwomoronsPosted 12/29/2013 7:35:30 PM
Who knows posted...
Except not only did it do THAT, it banned your original xbox's live account until year 9999.

That was only if you transferred an original Xbox account under 18 years of age. Crappy I know, but it wasn't every account.
---
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p567/monkeyofevil/aguwargrey.gif http://i.imgur.com/u2FewN1.gif
#18kyleexilePosted 12/31/2013 2:42:49 PM
What I DO NOT get at all is why it just doesn't say "Playing COD: Ghosts on XBO" or something. The fact that it just says Xbox One seems so archaic to me. Isn't it almost 2014? Its annoying to me also when I play my 360. My Xbox One is coming in the mail Thursday, but I will still play my 360 as I still have a backlog. I know on my PS4 it will just say somebody is playing a game on PS3 and list the game they are playing. So I just don't understand why it doesn't just tell what they are playing.
---
3DS FC: 4897-6069-5028
#19Dugger1981Posted 12/31/2013 2:45:14 PM
kyleexile posted...
What I DO NOT get at all is why it just doesn't say "Playing COD: Ghosts on XBO" or something. The fact that it just says Xbox One seems so archaic to me. Isn't it almost 2014? Its annoying to me also when I play my 360. My Xbox One is coming in the mail Thursday, but I will still play my 360 as I still have a backlog. I know on my PS4 it will just say somebody is playing a game on PS3 and list the game they are playing. So I just don't understand why it doesn't just tell what they are playing.

I think it would only tell you if you were able to join them; being that you are on the 360, it is impossible for you to join their game session, so it won't tell you what game they're playing.
#20gohoanqPosted 12/31/2013 2:50:41 PM
What's wrong with them telling us they're on the Xbox One or the 360 if you're on the Xbox One? My PS4 tells me when someone is on PS3/Vita and Vita will tell me when they're on one of the other 2.. it's nice having an idea of what your friends are on instead of blindly assuming they're on what you're on. I actually hope my 360 friends seeing my status say Xbox One makes them want the console too lol
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.