Why is the PS4 doing much better in sales compared to the XB1?

#21EmbersOfElderPosted 12/28/2013 5:35:18 PM
@TerraUniverse

Many Xbox one titles come across as rushed as does the console. In wouldn't say they were more prepared than Sony.

TitanFall is the big "get" for Japan. Giant mechs, not really the most American idea. It's a Hail Mary to be relevant in Japan but they shot themselves like Nintendo did. The big game releases on the last gen console also which is cheaper.
#22DamnEvilDogPosted 12/28/2013 5:38:00 PM
Another one of these topic, another place for all the flies to be attracted to, throwing fecal matter at each other.

Fanboys really have nothing better to do but post dumb topics to anger the lesser minded people.

Enjoy the console you chose, don't be ignorant.
#23KcrackPosted 12/28/2013 5:42:42 PM
ILikeGamesMan posted...
Oh and not only is the PS4 not doing MUCH better, the X1 is also ONE HUNDRED dollars more. That goes to show you that a lot of people like what MS has to offer. People are still forking over that extra $100 because its what they want and they recognize a good product.

The PS3 was $200 more and sold more in its first year than the 360 did, price wasn't an issue.
#24NeojianXPosted 12/28/2013 5:44:58 PM(edited)
It may be sexual. What does a PlayStation make you think of, and what does a Xbox make you think of. Some might consider an Xbox like an Ex-Girlfriend, ... one that has taken her PlayStation away.

Then again, the answer could be in my sig. Maybe Microsoft should have done a 360 on the 720 thing.

Son:
Mom I what an Xbox One!

Mom:

Boy you have already had two Xboxes!! : )
---
Hey so the guy did a 360 on the X720 thing.You mean a 180 on the X720 thing! If he did a 360 on the X720 thing,it would still be the X720!!What?Trust me. Blam!!
#25ILikeGamesManPosted 12/28/2013 5:44:48 PM
Kcrack posted...
ILikeGamesMan posted...
Oh and not only is the PS4 not doing MUCH better, the X1 is also ONE HUNDRED dollars more. That goes to show you that a lot of people like what MS has to offer. People are still forking over that extra $100 because its what they want and they recognize a good product.

The PS3 was $200 more and sold more in its first year than the 360 did, price wasn't an issue.

Exactly. Price is never an issue when a console has the games you want. Thats pretty much what I was going for with that reply.
#26bleedingelitePosted 12/28/2013 5:45:41 PM
Sony's entire marketing plan consisted of two things -

1. We're not Xbox.
2. We're more powerful.

The first one is just about out of gas. People have the Xbox now, and they like it.
The second one still stands true, but it's irrelevant until there are more games out for the system. Right now, there are a handful of decent (great in the case of AC4) multiplats, and really dull exclusives on the part of PS4.

I think the main driving force behind the worldwide sales, however, is that Sony has made a much stronger effort to please non US markets than Microsoft. That means more sales because more people in other countries are buying it.

I have to wonder why Microsoft didn't really bother to make the Xbox a competitor outside of USA and maybe the UK, but I imagine they have a lot of highly paid and really smart people who make those decisions for them. And it's not as if nobody is buying the Xbone. It's already outsold their launch expectations so they're doing something right.

What really perplexes me is why fat nerds like us are so concerned with sales. It's not a sports game. Bigger sales numbers don't really mean crap to us, unless they're just really low sales numbers which would translate to less third party support. You can believe me when I say that neither the PS4 or the Xbone are going to suffer from lack of third party support.
#27TerraUniversePosted 12/28/2013 6:02:38 PM(edited)
EmbersOfElder posted...
@TerraUniverse

Many Xbox one titles come across as rushed as does the console. In wouldn't say they were more prepared than Sony.

TitanFall is the big "get" for Japan. Giant mechs, not really the most American idea. It's a Hail Mary to be relevant in Japan but they shot themselves like Nintendo did. The big game releases on the last gen console also which is cheaper.

There are more of them, though. That tells me that Microsoft was making these games for awhile. Sony, probably wasn't planning on releasing the games, just yet. Or maybe it's just a difference in strategy, with Sony still working on PS3 titles and Microsoft working more on Xbox One titles. I mean, Microsoft is working on Xbox 360 exclusives like Fable Anniversary. Sony, probably doesn't see a rush to release PS4 games, and they were probably planning the PS3 exclusives like The Last of Us for awhile, as well.

I think the Vita also takes up some of the resources that Sony would have had on a PS4 game. Microsoft just has the console to focus on.

Who knows, maybe Microsoft and Sony will reveal more games, like maybe JRPG or something. That's what I'm excited about.

I'm not sure that Titanfall is meant to be all Japanese, especially since it's mainly an online game, instead of being more of a point-based games, that I feel Japanese people like. The Mech is big with Japan, that is true. I still see Titanfall as being more Western-based. EA is making it and they usually make Western-based games. When I think of a Japanese game it has to include anime characters or something.
#28ZenGamer64Posted 12/28/2013 7:10:55 PM
Because the PS4 is a gamer's console and the X1 is a mediaphile's console.
---
Feed me like a baby bird!
#29cheezedadadaPosted 12/28/2013 7:13:37 PM
ZenGamer64 posted...

How would that explain why sales are higher for one over the other? Thats like saying Doritos sell more than milk because Doritos are for chip lovers and milk is for dairy lovers.

Then again, I havent done a single media-related thing on the Xbox One yet. It has more features, but it still plays games.
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#30nickr2d2Posted 12/28/2013 7:14:42 PM
ZenGamer64 posted...

You literally posted the exact same thing on another topic.

Is this the alt for a Pony?
---
"You're using the wrong words to express your still incorrect thoughts" -Foxx3k