Drop Kinect,Add GDDR5

#11xacebopPosted 12/28/2013 8:32:04 PM
slyman19 posted...
No. With Kinect in every box, devs will use it more.

Use it more? There's like less xbone kinect games lined up than 360. And the ones that actually utilize it (dare I say the fighter within) are beyond garbage.
#12scoobydoobydontPosted 12/28/2013 8:49:55 PM
If that's what you want, go buy a PS4. No one here will miss you.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
#13PeterLax55Posted 12/28/2013 9:08:18 PM
Maybe I'm the minority, but I feel as if it is just an inferior console without using the Kinect, you might as well use the Kinect voice commands considering how integrated they are and how much they add. Just my .02 though.
#14AceAndJunpeiPosted 12/28/2013 9:11:42 PM
Lol, never gonna happen brah.
---
Now Playing: AC4: Black Flag (PS3), Sonic LW (WiiU), SM3DW (WiiU), ALBW (3DS), Hotline Miami/Ys Celceta/NFS: Most Wanted (Vita)
#15jimm120Posted 12/28/2013 9:15:05 PM
By "using it more', its more about Learning how to use it better and better integrated within a system.

I am no fan of Kinect, at all. I think I played with a Kinect for a week when I was visiting my sister's house for a week. She had one. I played Fruit Ninja for 10 minutes. The rest of the time, the kinect was only used for finding shows on netflix

That said, I do hope that devs find ways to integrate the Kinect into games to enhance the games. Not a gimmick like in some games. And not "kinect only games". I truly hope that it can lead to good gaming mechanics and ideas that will enhance our Gears of Wars, our Halo's, our RPG's, etc.
---
Worthy Indie: Magicians & Looters -Breath Of Death -Cuthulu Saves The World -EvilQuest -Trino -Shoot 1UP -Your Doodles Are Bugged -Vintage Hero
#16xixnoahxixPosted 12/28/2013 9:33:15 PM
BushidoEffect3 posted...
Agree tc. PS4 is another solution. It already dropped Kinect gimmick, then added GDDR5.

I like that everyone here, and on 4chan, are hardware experts.

Could you please explain to us why GGDR5 would be more efficient other than "it has a 5 on the end"?

Same with the "OMGZ Xbone only has 1.2 teraflops gpu power!?!? lol pc gaming low end sppeds, get on ps4's level!".

If you do possess said knowledge, maybe you should apply for the hardware engineering department at Microsoft and tell them how they mis-budgeted hundreds of millions of dollars on "bad" hardware.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM! -- capnovan
#17kyncaniPosted 12/29/2013 12:50:22 AM
BushidoEffect3 posted...
Agree tc. PS4 is another solution. It already dropped Kinect gimmick, then added GDDR5.

^ True that.

If you don't want to play Kinect games, just buy a PS4 instead.
#18SigmaLongshotPosted 12/29/2013 1:09:16 AM
The Big Mac should drop the middle dividing bread, big mac sauce and other patty, and add a bunch more meat to the remaining patty and mayo, too. Then it'll be far more like the Whopper!

Soblem Prolved!

Whats' s that? Oh, some people LIKE that Big Macs aren't like Whoppers?! Are they insane? The patties are apart and the sauce is pointless!

Lol, everyone sees the Whopper patty is bigger. Bigger patty= better burger, of course. I mean, that's SCIENCE that I read on wikipedia.

They should both exist because they're different, is that that what you just said?! UHIGHBRO?
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#19dnmtPosted 12/29/2013 1:16:43 AM
slyman19 posted...
No. With Kinect in every box, devs will use it more.

The first Kinect sold millions and still didn't get any good games for it. Six-axis is available on every PS3 controller and still didn't see any good use. Even the monstrous success of the Wii couldn't muster more than a handful of decent games that utilize its bundled-in motion controls.
#202ndAtomiskPosted 12/29/2013 1:35:30 AM
userfrigginame posted...
Or better yet, just get a PS4. I mean really, why do ppl want to change a console, when there's another option RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM? It's like when ppl want Nintendo to make a FPS game, when there are plenty of them around. And do you even know what the difference between GDDR5 and GDDR3 is?

Agreed. It sounds like you want a PS4. So why not just get that instead of hoping and praying that they make the Xbox...more like the PS4?
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine