My regret today! I returned my xbox one to the store. This sucks let me explain.

#1john11ver44Posted 12/28/2013 9:25:03 PM
Hey guys. So I had an Xbox One since Christmas Eve. Set it up that night and had it going later. Played around with it for 2 days. This is what I noticed. The console itself is slick looking. I think it looks better than the PS4. That's just me and I've never thought differently. Killer!! The controller does not feel like the hard slippery plastic from last gen. The shape is fine and all but the plastic is different. I don't like the wire that connects to the headset either. Way too cheap. Now on to the kinect. I did not like the voice commands, mainly because I play late at night or really early and the wife does not want me to say "Xbox go to.." blah blah blah. Can you set it up to where you can talk real low, and it still picks it up? Now on to the motion control. I found that I had to wave my hands a bit to find my hand icons. When I did move my hand across the screen it would rest on an icon and start to highlight it. As soon as I wanted to move my hand it would activate that icon and open it up. This happened numerous times! So what it came down to in the end, was that my wife did not want to hear the voice commands. I don't blame her but do you guys know if you can set it up so you can say it softly? I have since returned it to the store today, and planned on getting a PS4, but its sold out everywhere. Now I'm thinking I should pick up the xbox again tomorrow if my Wife and I can get past the stuff I mentioned above. So is there settings or a trick to make the kinect work for us? I should say that I am missing Dead Rising 3 big time. Funnest game in a long long time!!!!! Loved it to pieces. Total slaughter fest. For me its worth it for the Xbox One alone! (If we can get tips on the Kinect). Finally the stores where I live are now starting to move more xbox one units. It was all doom and gloom before Christmas but now its picking up which is good to hear. Great system, but need your input on the kinect.
#2jim200Posted 12/28/2013 9:26:59 PM
realnot
---
PSN: Jemi200 ::: NNID: Jemi200 ::: 3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
I Pre-Ordered an Xbox One and PS4 Within Hours of Each Other on June 10th, 2013
#3kingbahamut83Posted 12/28/2013 9:54:37 PM
Settings, then kinect. Click "my kinect can't hear me". Think you can set the low/high that it can pick up. I tend to mumble so I need to adjust mine as well.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan
#4BigReedPosted 12/28/2013 10:03:45 PM
Some say, you can see that great wall of text from space.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
#5Snickers085Posted 12/28/2013 10:03:56 PM
Get a divorce

Now enjoy your X1
---
http://i.imgur.com/DOHeUJA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4k3bG4G.jpg
#6Mindwipe77Posted 12/28/2013 10:16:29 PM
Snickers085 posted...
Get a divorce

Now enjoy your life

fixed
---
Lightning Returns, MY GOTY 2014
Proud owner of Xbox One,PS 4 and Wii U
#7EnjatePosted 12/28/2013 11:23:41 PM
This is among the stupidest topics I've ever read. I'm supposed to believe that a person with the maturity and wherewithal to get married and have his own home etc will return a $500 piece of equipment that works perfectly fine without even thinking it through because his wife is annoyed at some of the features? Why couldn't you just use the controller to navigate, since that's exactly what you'll be doing with the PS4. You deserve your regret.
#8spoonie115Posted 12/28/2013 11:35:21 PM
tl; dr
#9josuna123Posted 12/28/2013 11:44:48 PM
Enjate posted...
This is among the stupidest topics I've ever read. I'm supposed to believe that a person with the maturity and wherewithal to get married and have his own home etc will return a $500 piece of equipment that works perfectly fine without even thinking it through because his wife is annoyed at some of the features? Why couldn't you just use the controller to navigate, since that's exactly what you'll be doing with the PS4. You deserve your regret.

Oof! So much truth in this one.