DR3 the best zombie game?

#1Rome218Posted 12/29/2013 1:52:44 AM
I played it co-op and I have to say, it really did a great job of portraying a zombie setting. The sheer amount of zombies is insane, and the combat is fun. I did not really care for the ending, but the gameplay beats out most I can think of. I enjoy Left 4 Dead 2 is small doses, so I would not consider that a contender.

TLOU is a great game for it's story. I made a post on how I felt about the ending, I really did enjoy it.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652686-the-last-of-us/68026561
I felt the story was really good and the writing was great, but the gameplay was not very good; especially the gunplay. The ending was fantastic IMO, but I do not think it can come close to beating out DR3 in gameplay. Also, DR3 does not stutter as reviews say, it seems like it must have been patched because it runs smooth, and the graphics really do not get enough credit. Its's not next gen AC, Ryse, or Killzone, but it looks better than most games on last gen. The details up close are really nice, and I think it is sorely underrated in that department.

TLOU relied more on a story than gameplay. I enjoyed the bond between Ellie and Joel, however, I feel if you want a story driven zombie game; Tell Tale's the walking dead is better.

So it's in my opinion that DR3 is the best zombie game. Some missions may be annoying, but the customization of weapons, the great combat, and the frantic amount of zombies make it insanely great. Running around looking for a key while zombies come out from all places brings the kind of stress a zombie game should have.

10/10, my favorite xbone exclusive so far. Ryse is an 8 for me, but I understand why others feel differently. I wish I were good at Killer Instinct, because it looks and plays fantastic. :P Unfortunately, I have to button mash.

I think a lot of people who opted for the PS4 for whatever reason missed out on some great games. Even the "Not as good" looking CoD is really great. The xbone's controller is still the best for FPS games, and the trigger rumble really adds more to the immersion.

PS4 is not really a good launch system if their best offerings are last gen games.
#22ndAtomiskPosted 12/29/2013 1:55:37 AM
I did not really care for the ending

Which one? There's 4 or 5 endings.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#3DaEdge614Posted 12/29/2013 1:59:40 AM
Day Z would be a awesome port to the PS4 and Xbone. I never played it what i think if it was on a game system it would be the "best " zombie game
---
I refuse to take this signature down until the
raiders win the superbowl
#4Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 2:29:01 AM(edited)
I don't know how to use the spoiler HTML, but I think the last post. Idea was absurdly stupid. Made no sense. I can't go into detail because I do not know how people make the black spoiler thing.
#52ndAtomiskPosted 12/29/2013 3:13:53 AM
Rome218 posted...
I don't know how to use the spoiler HTML, but I think the last post. Idea was absurdly stupid. Made no sense. I can't go into detail because I do not know how people make the black spoiler thing.

I think it tells you after you get them. I believe it says Ending S for the best ending for example.

You can put spoil tags the same way you post in bold or italics. Instead of typing the "i" or the "b" type spoiler instead. Quote this post to see how I did it if that doesn't make too much sense.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#6Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 12/29/2013 3:53:01 AM
DaEdge614 posted...
Day Z would be a awesome port to the PS4 and Xbone. I never played it what i think if it was on a game system it would be the "best " zombie game

they said it was going to be ported to PS4 once the game is fully completed but not on Xbox One. Of course this was before MS 180'd their policies and haven't heard news since so who knows.

But yeah, DayZ is easily the best zombie game.
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#7SigmaLongshotPosted 12/29/2013 3:59:44 AM
I'd definitely say there's a lot in this Dead Rising I loved more than the others, but there were definitely things I adored more in earlier Dead Rising games.

For example, Dead Rising 3 really upped the ante in terms of items, weaponry, exploration and theming the psycho survivors, but I preferred the slightly more campy, colourful (both visually and thematically) tone of the other two - it's the difference where wearing a big clown mask and wielding a katana looks hilarious, and the same thing looking a little dark and mentally-disturbed.

Of course, there's a degree of attachment anyway - the fact that Nick always seems to confused and upset during cutscenes and then immediately picks up a axle grinder to mince swathes of undead the minute you get control back - but what I mean is, it loses a lot of the humour when boxing glove Wolverine claws look like a blood-smeared prop from Saw instead of a stupid set of knives duct-taped to childrens' boxing gloves.

But yeah - cracking game. And the little revelations at the end - including the little cameos - were excellent.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#8Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 8:30:14 AM(edited)
Using < spoil > < / spoil isn't working. Neither did spoiler.

What am I supposed to type?

I did not like how they introduced the last boss and the boss's motivation.
#9Smackdowner1Posted 12/29/2013 8:48:04 AM
DaEdge614 posted...

No, it wouldn't. **** Day Z.
---
''Malice'' is a registered trademark of Smackdowner Inc.
All Rights Reserved 2002 - 2013
#10zinsindettaPosted 12/29/2013 8:59:09 AM
I loved Dead Rising 3. However State of Decay now with the Breakdown mode is the best ever in my opinion. 1 and 2 in a world full of zombie games.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta