its not fair that disk games are 10 dollars off but not digital games

#31_V1Posted 12/29/2013 11:40:03 AM
A friend of mine has his console and games right next to where he sits. You could just do that
---
Try harder next time,
Good day sir/s
#32hollow-sasukePosted 12/29/2013 11:41:45 AM
lunaticcore posted...
hollow-sasuke posted...
skillfactor posted...
hollow-sasuke posted...
I buy clothes online and I have to pay for shipping. That's not fair. People don't have to pay for shipping at the store.

Worst analogy ever.

You proud of yourself now? If so, you shouldn't be because you're lacking comprehension. Point is, TC chooses to buy digital only. Same way someone would choose to only shop online.

Well his point is buying clothes online comes with the added cost of shipping passed on to the customer. Buying digital games actually means they don't have to make a disc and package or pay for shipping, yet we pay more for the digital games.

That is why your analogy is fail. Passing on cost to the customer is not the same as saving cost and still charging the customer for more.

No. The focus of the analogy is that TC has the choice of buying a physical copy and still chooses not to despite the hassle of purchasing a digital copy. In short, convenience most often comes with a price, deal with it. Do I need to elaborate a bit more for you?
---
"My eyes red cause of all that hate" @_@
#33badmanneilPosted 12/29/2013 11:42:54 AM
I agree. If anything digital games should always have at least a $10 discount off the retail price.
#34lunaticcorePosted 12/29/2013 11:56:34 AM
hollow-sasuke posted...
lunaticcore posted...
hollow-sasuke posted...
skillfactor posted...
hollow-sasuke posted...
I buy clothes online and I have to pay for shipping. That's not fair. People don't have to pay for shipping at the store.

Worst analogy ever.

You proud of yourself now? If so, you shouldn't be because you're lacking comprehension. Point is, TC chooses to buy digital only. Same way someone would choose to only shop online.

Well his point is buying clothes online comes with the added cost of shipping passed on to the customer. Buying digital games actually means they don't have to make a disc and package or pay for shipping, yet we pay more for the digital games.

That is why your analogy is fail. Passing on cost to the customer is not the same as saving cost and still charging the customer for more.

No. The focus of the analogy is that TC has the choice of buying a physical copy and still chooses not to despite the hassle of purchasing a digital copy. In short, convenience most often comes with a price, deal with it. Do I need to elaborate a bit more for you?

Except again the added cost of your stupid analogy has to do with the cost of shipping, not the cost of convenience. They are charging the customer for the price of shipping. They aren't just charging the customer for buying online. In fact you can buy lots of stuff cheaper online and still get free shipping. Hell I can buy cheaper games on Amazon right now and get free shipping.

So yea.. your analogy is full of fail. The complaint about digital games pretty much always costing more on consoles is a valid complaint.
#35hollow-sasukePosted 12/29/2013 12:20:06 PM
lunaticcore posted...
Except again the added cost of your stupid analogy has to do with the cost of shipping, not the cost of convenience. They are charging the customer for the price of shipping. They aren't just charging the customer for buying online. In fact you can buy lots of stuff cheaper online and still get free shipping. Hell I can buy cheaper games on Amazon right now and get free shipping.

So yea.. your analogy is full of fail. The complaint about digital games pretty much always costing more on consoles is a valid complaint.

Ah, "stupid." Okay, I'll continue to explain my point in a civilized manner while you resort to petty name calling. Anyway, the problem is that you're taking my analogy and placing it side by side with TC's problem. My analogy is not a direct parallel of TC's situation. I'm only touching on the fact that TC is complaining about the con of purchasing a digital copy as opposed to physical. Such a complaint is not uncommon, so bringing it up is about the same as stating the obvious. Regardless of it being a valid complaint it's not something that will change anytime soon, again, because convenience comes with a price; not always limited to money. Say what you will but this discussion is over.
---
"My eyes red cause of all that hate" @_@
#36staticxtreme5Posted 12/29/2013 2:19:23 PM
hollow-sasuke posted...

Because this is in any way an analogy to digital vs retail game prices.

Moron.
#37Jedi454Posted 12/29/2013 2:40:41 PM
Don't worry TC, I feel your pain. I would like to go digital only, but in Australia digital games are listed as their maximum retail price on the marketplace, while the same game in store is 20-30 dollars cheaper.
---
GT: DyingRoman
My Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/DyingRomanGaming
#38HiddenRoarPosted 12/29/2013 3:19:53 PM
lol. Everyone who wasn't a blind fanboy already knew MS was lying about doing Steam-like sales.
#39TreGoodaPosted 12/29/2013 3:43:33 PM
hollow-sasuke posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
SALTandBURN67 posted...
shads3055 posted...
the reason is. because I don't have to get up to change the disk. watch a little tv. play a game. watching tv play a game. all without getting up and changing disks.

...I just lost all my faith in humanity

You lost faith in humanity because he wants convenience?

That's not convenience that's laziness. If you're willing to pay an extra $10 just so you don't have to get off your butt to swap discs, you're being lazy. Convenience is not having to stop your game session to go back to the dashboard.

I'm assuming you never use a tv remote to change the channel or would never like to seemlessly switch between games like shows on television?
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#40Mc1ovnPosted 12/29/2013 4:01:19 PM
SALTandBURN67 posted...
shads3055 posted...
the reason is. because I don't have to get up to change the disk. watch a little tv. play a game. watching tv play a game. all without getting up and changing disks.

...I just lost all my faith in humanity

This