its not fair that disk games are 10 dollars off but not digital games

#51skillfactorPosted 1/1/2014 4:03:59 PM
hollow-sasuke posted...
lunaticcore posted...
Except again the added cost of your stupid analogy has to do with the cost of shipping, not the cost of convenience. They are charging the customer for the price of shipping. They aren't just charging the customer for buying online. In fact you can buy lots of stuff cheaper online and still get free shipping. Hell I can buy cheaper games on Amazon right now and get free shipping.

So yea.. your analogy is full of fail. The complaint about digital games pretty much always costing more on consoles is a valid complaint.

Ah, "stupid." Okay, I'll continue to explain my point in a civilized manner while you resort to petty name calling. Anyway, the problem is that you're taking my analogy and placing it side by side with TC's problem. My analogy is not a direct parallel of TC's situation. I'm only touching on the fact that TC is complaining about the con of purchasing a digital copy as opposed to physical. Such a complaint is not uncommon, so bringing it up is about the same as stating the obvious. Regardless of it being a valid complaint it's not something that will change anytime soon, again, because convenience comes with a price; not always limited to money. Say what you will but this discussion is over.

Stop making sense of your silly point to yourself, it's all nonsense... more-so wrong and idiotic. No offense, just think about it. Games have escalated in price based on the supposed production costs as technology paves the way for new things. From cartridges to Blu-ray disks. There is no excuse not to drop the price universally, digitally.. where at most there is small processing fees, if that. Convenience is a moot point and completely irrelevant anyway. Irrelevant in that convenience is an incentive to raise a price in the physical form only. I'd spend more on a Keurig to brew a cup of coffee in 15 seconds than a standard coffee maker. That's relatively sweet tech. Convenience is also a moot point because digital means download and downloads lead to ISP data capping. While you're waiting "conveniently forever" for your 40gb game to finish downloading, Comcast is grinning evilly as you exceed their 300gb limit. Your logic is flawed and dumb. With Amazon marketing digital PS4 content and pushing lower prices already... we can all hope Microsoft will follow suit and maybe some day soon you'll realize how ridiculous you are.
---
i5 2500k (4.7 ghz) / Noctua NH D14 / MSI 780 Twin Frozr / 16 gb ram ddr3 1600 / Corsair 500R White
#52needcaw231Posted 1/1/2014 4:16:20 PM
I buy digital only also because i don't have to have disc cases lying around getting scratched or lost. I rather have everything on the console so if i wanna play a certain game i just change to it and don't waste time switching the discs out. Why wouldn't i do that if the option is available? I'm not a collector or some kind of hoarder, plus it prevents me from selling them for pennies on the dollar when i get the urge to sell certain games just cause i don't play them. Digital is just better unless you really enjoy having a physical collection, which I don't.
#53daniel79Posted 1/7/2014 4:03:35 AM
jonnyram4000 posted...
Digital has it's benfit what if your house gets slamed well you can't keep your physical items but digital will be there.The only people that want physical items too broke to afford games why else would you wanna resell your stuff.I stick to buying new over used any day of the week digital for me.

Derp.

We have a winner.
#54LapanuiPosted 1/7/2014 4:45:58 AM
On thing I can't understand is why games have jumped in price this gen.

Sony have used Blu-ray since the PS3, so the storage hasn't changed, but why has the price increased?

I used to be able to get games brand new for 40 and less, now they go up to 50.

I understand that companies have probably been working on new engines, or updating them, adding features and such. It shouldn't really cost them anymore to develop on once it's finished. Are they increasing the wages of the developers? Are the suits taking a bit more?

All I know is, I will be getting less games this time round if they don't lower the price.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#55MrSpaM111Posted 1/7/2014 5:11:00 AM
Lapanui posted...
On thing I can't understand is why games have jumped in price this gen.

Sony have used Blu-ray since the PS3, so the storage hasn't changed, but why has the price increased?

I used to be able to get games brand new for 40 and less, now they go up to 50.

I understand that companies have probably been working on new engines, or updating them, adding features and such. It shouldn't really cost them anymore to develop on once it's finished. Are they increasing the wages of the developers? Are the suits taking a bit more?

All I know is, I will be getting less games this time round if they don't lower the price.

Games are always more expensive when the console has just launched, it was the same for the PS3 and 360 as well, after about 12 months we'll see the price drop to normal again.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#56lato9905Posted 1/7/2014 6:24:45 AM
I don't get it either OP. You don't have to press a disk or ship anything, digital should be cheaper.

But I also heard a good point if the digital copy was cheaper it would screw over gamestop and every other retailer.
#57atl2k5Posted 1/7/2014 6:49:36 AM
jonnyram4000 posted...
Digital has it's benfit what if your house gets slamed well you can't keep your physical items but digital will be there.The only people that want physical items too broke to afford games why else would you wanna resell your stuff.I stick to buying new over used any day of the week digital for me.

Lol... What? Too broke to afford games? If I was too broke to afford games then I wouldn't buy them at all. I RARELY resell my games, but when I do it's because I know I'll never play the game again. What's the point in having it collect dust on my shelf when I can find someone who may actually want it and doesn't mind buying it for cheap used? Besides, buying a physical copy for a lower price isn't called being cheap... It's called be smart with your money. Why would I buy something at full price if I can find it cheaper somewhere else? Now that's called being stupid.
#58takean2kPosted 1/7/2014 7:45:10 AM
They really need to adjust digital sales. It came out years ago that they would be a cheaper alternative to consumers...and the only people it is cheaper for it the seller. I don't buy digital because there is no system in place to sell it due to its cost on consoles. Now steam has a great idea...and apps for phones are cheap enough to warrant purchases. But if I have the option to spend 60 on a disc...or 60 for digital...I'm getting the disc. I can lend it to a friend...and I can sell it later. If the disc was 60 but digital 20 or 30...then I would consider buying it instead
---
Posted using GameFlux
#59Reece504Posted 1/7/2014 8:02:36 AM
daniel79 posted...
jonnyram4000 posted...

Derp.

We have a winner.

Until someone hacks your account locks you out your gamertag and guess what no more digital games for you if your house got robbed and someone took your console and some how hacked your GT account you are screwed. I would keep my disc and continue to buy new disc.
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez