Dead Rising 3 never coming to PS4?

#101krystylaPosted 12/30/2013 3:39:51 AM
slyman19 posted...
singhellotaku posted...
Its Capcom, it will absolutely come to ps4, and probably the wii u, and smartphones etc. It'll just take a year or so

Keep dreaming.

It's a joke
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#102Hyperion56780Posted 12/30/2013 11:39:22 AM
Sorbetowulf posted...
Hyperion56780 posted...
Microsoft also funded Tales of Vesperia.

Which was published on Playstation 3 in Japan only, where Microsoft has little meaningful console presence. Again, as I stated previously, arguments like these have absolutely no relevance to Dead Rising's publishing situation. Non-Japanese Playstation 3 players that wanted to play ToV had to import it or go to other means, which had little impact on any bottom-line for giving up that control.

Remember also, that funding and publishing are two completely different animals.

Ok? It doesn't matter, the game was still released on another system.
#103Lerp85Posted 12/30/2013 11:41:38 AM
singhellotaku posted...
Lerp85 posted...
Dead rising 3 would not have even been a game if it was not for MS, so I do not see it going to PS4 ever.

oh please

Oh please what? They were not planning on making another game what so ever. If it was not for MS paying for the game they would not have made it.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#104SorbetowulfPosted 12/30/2013 1:23:08 PM
Hyperion56780 posted...
Sorbetowulf posted...
Hyperion56780 posted...
Microsoft also funded Tales of Vesperia.

Which was published on Playstation 3 in Japan only, where Microsoft has little meaningful console presence. Again, as I stated previously, arguments like these have absolutely no relevance to Dead Rising's publishing situation. Non-Japanese Playstation 3 players that wanted to play ToV had to import it or go to other means, which had little impact on any bottom-line for giving up that control.

Remember also, that funding and publishing are two completely different animals.

Ok? It doesn't matter, the game was still released on another system.

You're right, it doesn't matter. It's a completely seperate issue from Dead Rising's franchise history. Which is exactly the point I've been making. All of these "but these other games were released" all have unique circumstances regarding their subsequent multi-plat, when they've been funded/published by Microsoft.

Yet, Dead Rising. Dead Rising 2 was released on Playstation 3 prior to Capcom's acquisition of Blue Castle Games (now Capcom Vancouver). And since that time, not even DLC for Dead Rising 2 was relased on Playstation 3. So how can anybody reasonably assume that Dead Rising 3, a game developed exclusively for the launch of a new system, will get ported, when the DLC of a game that was released on another console got stonewalled?

"Because these other games..." All of which had unique circumstances as to being ported, none of which involve a small developer being folded into a larger games manufacturer which then let Microsoft take over sole funding (and publishing, remember two completely different animals), and then sat back and let a game get published under their banner for pretty much free. None of which involve the previous title in the franchise shutting down all DLC support for any platform other than XBox, none of which are launch titles for a brand new console that, let's be honest, is likely behind in the count on their competitor.

Oh yeah. All of those factors scream multi-plat incoming. (rolls eyes). None of these other titles and what Microsoft has done with them set a precedent for DR3 being ported. Microsoft's handling of the DR brand is what sets the precedent. And that precedent says people that think a port is likely are whistling in the dark.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S