Microsoft Donating to Endangered Animal Organizations Through the Game Zoo Tycoo

#11HiddenRoarPosted 12/29/2013 4:50:21 PM
BeefEaster posted...
more species have gone extinct than exist right now

let um die

Considering the audience for the X1, it's not like MS will have any money from this particular game's sales to donate in order to prevent what you said from happening!

If they really cared, they should have selected a more appropriate game, like CoD, Dead Rising, or Forza.

But nope, let's choose a game that no one who buys our system will buy. Saves more money this way.
#12ILikeGamesManPosted 12/29/2013 4:55:59 PM
HiddenRoar posted...

Considering the audience for the X1, it's not like MS will have any money from this particular game's sales to donate in order to prevent what you said from happening!

If they really cared, they should have selected a more appropriate game, like CoD, Dead Rising, or Forza.

But nope, let's choose a game that no one who buys our system will buy. Saves more money this way.

I was really wondering how someone was going to turn this into bad news and use it against MS to make them look cheap. Got my answer I guess.
#13cheezedadadaPosted 12/29/2013 5:01:01 PM(edited)
HiddenRoar posted...

It's still a donation either way though. Companies dont need to donate at all if they dont want to.

Also, its a Zoo Tycoon game which revolves around animals, so it kinda makes sense that this is the game that is going towards animal organizations.

Lastly, if businesses were to donate for games such as COD, Dead Rising 3 or Forza which are insanely popular, they wouldn't be in business for long. Companies need to strike that balance between trying to look good for the public and also making a continuous profit.
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#14savagechild89Posted 12/29/2013 5:42:47 PM
this is an odd choice. good for them i guess.....but odd the way they are doing it lol
---
PSN: Savagechild89, 3DS Friendcode: 4983-5811-5759, Wii U: Littleraven89
#15Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 12/29/2013 6:00:04 PM
why haven't we killed off the polar bears yet? those things are godless killing machines
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#16TheCyborgNinjaPosted 12/29/2013 6:47:37 PM
That's a great thing to do. Something equally cool would've been to not water the game down so much. This and Civ Revolution basically act like a "console gamers are dumb" label.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo