Limited amount of times you can play a demo?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Limited amount of times you can play a demo?
2 years ago#1
I just downloaded Dead Rising 3 demo and it says, next to Start Demo, "plays remaining 2". WTF is this garbage? Now you can only play demos a certain amount of time?
---
Disabled Vet. USMC-Sgt 0844.
2 years ago#2
Did MS institute demo play limits ala Nintendo? If so - LAME. I haven't seen anything resembling that on my PS4.
2 years ago#3
They want to limit your experience so that you're more inclined to buy the game.
---
"My eyes red cause of all that hate" @_@
2 years ago#4
... Seriously? I thought this was the single dumbest thing Nintendo ever did, and Microsoft is following suit?

Jesus, I knew they desperately wanted Nintendo's audience, but that's not the way to get it.
2 years ago#5
Well how much of a demo do they give you? Can you explore the whole map? Are you able to do any missions? if so i think that's fair.
---
_,-' Dance to the decadence dance '-,_
2 years ago#6
Each time I find BS like this I regret my Next-Gen console choice.

-edit-

It seems no other demos have this feature which leads me to believe that it may be something Capcom did and not M$.
---
2 years ago#7
Pantera_head667 posted...
Well how much of a demo do they give you? Can you explore the whole map? Are you able to do any missions? if so i think that's fair.

It's a closed area of the map with a 20min timer per each play (2 plays max). It's a decent size portion of the map though, but still this is kind of uncool.
---
2 years ago#8
How many times do you need to play the demo before you decide to buy the game or not?
---
Always O.G.
2 years ago#9
If I remember correctly DR2 did the same thing on Xbox 360, a demo with a limited time!
2 years ago#10
TBONE_OG posted...
How many times do you need to play the demo before you decide to buy the game or not?
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Limited amount of times you can play a demo?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived