Limited amount of times you can play a demo?

#21BushidoEffect3Posted 12/30/2013 12:38:43 AM
Keep shillin.
---
http://i.minus.com/i62zCjRBqSbrb.gif, http://i.minus.com/iuc4Y8fSH7uzI.gif,
My awkward wife...http://youtu.be/LAGLKhAaBqY
#22TBONE_OGPosted 12/30/2013 12:50:35 AM
Troll_Directory posted...
CaIiber345 posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
How many times do you need to play the demo before you decide to buy the game or not?

If you can name one thing that you hate and it is honestly a fair and accurate criticism of Microsoft, Xbox One, or any of the typically disliked developers and/or practices in modern gaming, I won't call you out on anything ever again.

Otherwise, is there nothing you won't side with when people question it?

To answer your question: as many ******* times as they feel like it. It's a free demo.
wow, why does he have to hate anything? and, wasn't this the same guy who also posted about his crunchy disc drive, even though he's clearly an xo supporter?

and why is this an ms issue? nintendo and rockstar have done the same thing with timed console demos. why not capcom?

I think Troll_Directory summed it for you on the whole hate thing. I'll have to get back to you on that... let's just say it's going to have to be something massive to get me to "hate" something about a game console... dislike is a better word.

Oh here's one. I dislike how MS doesn't permanently discount really old DD content/DLC. They've been a bit better at it, but could do more.

Sorry but people question really stupid stuff here. Especially things that don't really matter to the majority.

And yes. I had the crunchy disc drive issue. It sucked, but not the end of the world. I waited for a replacement so I could finally play DR3, and I got Ryse for free. MS took care of me.

These open world game demos have had play/time limits. Look back at Crackdown.
---
Always O.G.
#23seryou101Posted 12/30/2013 12:57:18 AM
Micro$oft
---
I7-970 4.5ghz | MSI 7950 TF3 1185/1500
#24snake_5036Posted 12/30/2013 1:05:44 AM(edited)
Wow. 2 plays? At least games on the 3DS and Wii U give a reasonable number of tries and unlimited time to play per try.
---
Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady.
#25loafy013Posted 12/30/2013 1:33:22 AM
CapnStanky posted...
Did MS institute demo play limits ala Nintendo? If so - LAME. I haven't seen anything resembling that on my PS4.

Don't know about the PS4, but quite a few on the PS3 give you the full game but only allow 60 minutes of playtime.
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.
#26SigmaLongshotPosted 12/30/2013 1:35:59 AM
You know, I'm actually going to play devil's advocate with this one, but not for controversy's sake, but rather, because it's my actual opinion.

A demo is simply a sample - a demonstration of a game, so it should do little more than whet the appetite. If it ventures into "infinite play of a massive chunk of the game" then you're asking for something for nothing -a "free version". I know a lot of people now think that should be the rule these days - get loads of stuff free, then maybe pay if you feel like it, which you inevitably will not - but this shouldn't be a product you own, merely a window peering through to a potential purchase.

Sure, you can stand all day beside the free sample stall in the supermarket eating cube after cube of Cathedral City mature cheddar, and that's not illegal, but I'm sure most would agree that's a fairly ****ish move. You're merely kidding yourself that a purchase may occur, because you and I both know as long as the cheese is being cubed and distributed, you'll free sample it until you're lactose intolerant.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#27dnmtPosted 12/30/2013 1:39:19 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#28SigmaLongshotPosted 12/30/2013 1:47:46 AM
dnmt posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
You know, I'm actually going to play devil's advocate with this one, but not for controversy's sake, but rather, because it's my actual opinion.

A demo is simply a sample - a demonstration of a game, so it should do little more than whet the appetite. If it ventures into "infinite play of a massive chunk of the game" then you're asking for something for nothing -a "free version". I know a lot of people now think that should be the rule these days - get loads of stuff free, then maybe pay if you feel like it, which you inevitably will not - but this shouldn't be a product you own, merely a window peering through to a potential purchase.

Sure, you can stand all day beside the free sample stall in the supermarket eating cube after cube of Cathedral City mature cheddar, and that's not illegal, but I'm sure most would agree that's a fairly ****ish move. You're merely kidding yourself that a purchase may occur, because you and I both know as long as the cheese is being cubed and distributed, you'll free sample it until you're lactose intolerant.

Hey don't take this the wrong way or anything but you're dumb.

I have no clue why you'd think I'd take such a lovely sentiment negatively, mate.

Though seriously, debating and personal insults are not synonymous, and we were debating a point.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#29Tweekster13Posted 12/30/2013 1:54:23 AM
dnmt posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...

Hey don't take this the wrong way or anything but you're dumb.

Wow, a well worded and thought out arguement, and you respond with "you're dumb." Congratulations.
---
Bippity boppity bacon
PSNs: StormtrooprODeth(main), Tweekster13(Alt)
#30ThatLaoGuyPosted 12/30/2013 2:07:41 AM
You remember the left 4 dead demo? Had a decent amount of content and was online enabled.
I must have played it for a week the same 2 levels of no mercy.
Never heard of left 4 dead till I tried the demo and bought it after knowing I had a ton of fun with it.

These demo restrictions are dumb and unnecessary. If people aren't going to buy a game after a couple tries of a demo, that's fine, no loss letting play a quick demo. Giving it limited played is some petty crap lol
---
Xbone fanboys are weird little irrational creatures. It's fun making them contradict themselves.