Why don't FPS games have the Desert Eagle anymore?

#11singhellotakuPosted 12/30/2013 3:31:03 AM
FlintCastwood posted...
I_VTEC_Power_I posted...
FlintCastwood posted...
I_VTEC_Power_I posted...
It may seem "cool" but it's a garbage handgun.

It's large, impractical, and not designed for infantry combat.

He's talking about video games.

My point still stands.

IMO, the fad of it being cool has passed, which is why it's no longer a regular in video games.

No it doesn't. The points you listed only apply to an actual Desert Eagle in real life situations. TC is talking about video games, video games are fantasy. The whole craze of the Desert Eagle in video games was that it's a big ass handgun with a big punch. People using them in games sure as hell weren't thinking "it's large, impractical, and not designed for infantry combat."

Now you calling it a fad and saying it has passed is a different idea and one that I agree with.

Given the obsession with realism in games these days it is indeed a valid point
#12dnmtPosted 12/30/2013 3:33:07 AM
Even the AK-47 has been taken out of the more recent CoD/BF. It happens.
#13CaptainKickass_Posted 12/30/2013 12:17:49 PM(edited)
singhellotaku posted...
FlintCastwood posted...
I_VTEC_Power_I posted...
FlintCastwood posted...
I_VTEC_Power_I posted...

He's talking about video games.

My point still stands.

IMO, the fad of it being cool has passed, which is why it's no longer a regular in video games.

No it doesn't. The points you listed only apply to an actual Desert Eagle in real life situations. TC is talking about video games, video games are fantasy. The whole craze of the Desert Eagle in video games was that it's a big ass handgun with a big punch. People using them in games sure as hell weren't thinking "it's large, impractical, and not designed for infantry combat."

Now you calling it a fad and saying it has passed is a different idea and one that I agree with.

Given the obsession with realism in games these days it is indeed a valid point

No, it doesn't. Video games are still fantasy, majority of fps games aren't simulators. The only people calling these games realistic are 12 year olds obsessed with war and guns.

Video games are only using their image, not their real world performance. Otherwise we wouldn't see so many games where the desert eagle is so accurate or how the m4 out damages the ak47. Sooooo realistic.
---
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. --Terry Pratchett
#14richboy900Posted 12/30/2013 12:24:03 PM
I_VTEC_Power_I posted...

This pretty much. I heard its so heavy, usually you over compensate and hit the target slightly above where you are actually aiming.

It would be like playing rainbow six Vegas 2 villa (a small cqb map) with a big brutal m60 lmg if you got it on the game. And you do get lmgs btw.
#15xHuckleberryPosted 12/30/2013 12:36:01 PM
The DEagle is overdone.

If i get a dam DE for my last pistol unlock one more time, im gonna be upset.
---
GT: xHuckleberry --- PSN: yafeelme
>Living proof of a dying dream.
#16CyberneticRatPosted 12/30/2013 12:42:19 PM
Same thing that happened to katanas and ray guns and mini guns.

The world has regrettably and unfortunately moved onto to more boring and 'realistic' weapons.
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
#17CallmegePosted 12/30/2013 12:45:38 PM
dnmt posted...

That's because it's an antiquated piece of s***. There are much better variants of the original design out there. Such as the AN-94 and AEK-971. Hell, even the AK-74 blows the original out of the water.

If game companies are going for realism then the ak-47 just can't hold its own against modern weapons. The 74, sure, just about although it's still not great. But even Russia has been looking to upgrade from it for the past 20 years.
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#18skermacPosted 12/30/2013 12:48:44 PM
Its best in Resident Evil games. No other game should have it.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#19iNoeticPosted 12/30/2013 2:40:24 PM
Callmege posted...
dnmt posted...

That's because it's an antiquated piece of s***. There are much better variants of the original design out there. Such as the AN-94 and AEK-971. Hell, even the AK-74 blows the original out of the water.

If game companies are going for realism then the ak-47 just can't hold its own against modern weapons. The 74, sure, just about although it's still not great. But even Russia has been looking to upgrade from it for the past 20 years.

"Even" Russia? You do realize that the majority of the world's AK-47s are NOT in Russia, right?
---
ive known enough people who had bad pregnancies to know its a 50-50 shot until the kids born. In spirit of the board you could buy used and adopt - tigerslashII
#20RonBurgundy929Posted 12/30/2013 3:51:36 PM
Counter Strike has the best Deagle. Period.