Why don't FPS games have the Desert Eagle anymore?

#21KolanifvPosted 12/30/2013 3:58:09 PM
iNoetic posted...
"Even" Russia? You do realize that the majority of the world's AK-47s are NOT in Russia, right?

It and the AKM are still the primary firearms of the Russian military though.
#22KabtheMentatPosted 12/30/2013 4:08:02 PM
PvtPorkSord posted...
I_VTEC_Power_I posted...
It may seem "cool" but it's a garbage handgun.

It's large, impractical, and not designed for infantry combat.

I wouldn't call it garbage it's just unwieldy in any actual application other than fun. Trying to accurately fire either a 44mag or .50AE repeatedly and quickly is no small feat. It's like the 1911 iconic and most likely never to lose its cool factor but there is newer and better designed handguns. The Sig p226/9 are growing in popularity as are guns like the FN57 with its "exotic" ammunition and high capacity/low recoil nature.

Don't know about that. Reason the weapon is still widely used today is because it was designed extremely well 100 years ago. There's not many things that were designed so well to be commonly used today, especially military gear.

Only other thing I can think of is B-52s. They'll be about 100 years old when they're retired.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#23jfernattPosted 12/30/2013 4:13:35 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
PvtPorkSord posted...
I_VTEC_Power_I posted...
It may seem "cool" but it's a garbage handgun.

It's large, impractical, and not designed for infantry combat.

I wouldn't call it garbage it's just unwieldy in any actual application other than fun. Trying to accurately fire either a 44mag or .50AE repeatedly and quickly is no small feat. It's like the 1911 iconic and most likely never to lose its cool factor but there is newer and better designed handguns. The Sig p226/9 are growing in popularity as are guns like the FN57 with its "exotic" ammunition and high capacity/low recoil nature.

Don't know about that. Reason the weapon is still widely used today is because it was designed extremely well 100 years ago. There's not many things that were designed so well to be commonly used today, especially military gear.

Only other thing I can think of is B-52s. They'll be about 100 years old when they're retired.

Exactly. Not to mention the 1911s of today have benefited from 100 years of refinement.
#24CallmegePosted 12/31/2013 4:11:26 PM
iNoetic posted...
Callmege posted...
dnmt posted...
Even the AK-47 has been taken out of the more recent CoD/BF. It happens.

That's because it's an antiquated piece of s***. There are much better variants of the original design out there. Such as the AN-94 and AEK-971. Hell, even the AK-74 blows the original out of the water.

If game companies are going for realism then the ak-47 just can't hold its own against modern weapons. The 74, sure, just about although it's still not great. But even Russia has been looking to upgrade from it for the past 20 years.

"Even" Russia? You do realize that the majority of the world's AK-47s are NOT in Russia, right?

Nice misquote. Even if I'm generous and assume you mean to type AK-74, whats that got to do with anything I said?
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#25Foxx3kPosted 12/31/2013 4:14:25 PM
The Desert Eagle omission I don't mind.

But I would like to see a return of weapons that aren't desperately trying to be tacticool, with billions of rails everywhere.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]