Im concerned about the new reputation system

#1Jedthehead91Posted 12/29/2013 11:16:02 PM
I play killer instinct right, everyone knows that the fighting gaming community are generally extremely butthurt, so i if i beat other people fair and square, and they report me, wont that lower my reputation then i'll only be able to play with other people of bad rep? can someone explain to me how it works exactly, because on paper it seems flawed.
---
Noregs menn! dansio vel i stillum, stilli tykkum allar riddarar, Noregs menn! dansio vel i stillum
#2I_VTEC_Power_IPosted 12/29/2013 11:37:30 PM
360 had a similar system and apart from being reported for hacking, I don't think it made a lick of a difference.

My avoidance rate was somewhere around 90% due to racing games and Halo. Still had 5 stars.
---
Xbox Live : I VTEC Power I PSN : I_VTEC_Power_I
Bring back Honda F1
#3Excal1burPosted 12/29/2013 11:39:59 PM
As far as I can tell everybody I know and seen has had the exact same reputation so far on the X1
#4jrush2011Posted 12/30/2013 12:05:33 AM
Jedthehead91 posted...
I play killer instinct right, everyone knows that the fighting gaming community are generally extremely butthurt, so i if i beat other people fair and square, and they report me, wont that lower my reputation then i'll only be able to play with other people of bad rep? can someone explain to me how it works exactly, because on paper it seems flawed.

Before the Internet connected the entire world, your reputation was something that you built, not managed. If you've been tolerating these kinds of behaviors, then somehow, somewhere, there's a payoff. So either put up with the nonsense for the benefits and stop whining, or move on. Those are your choices.
---
BigWorldJust @ bluehat94 11/12/2011 8:37:18 PM "Lol, you know more than me and I beat the game :P." TROLL!! OWNED!
#5bigshot2000Posted 12/30/2013 12:40:55 AM
it would work better if people actually understood how the system worked. Unsporting conduct is for when a player gloats openly about better you or making the game unfair. it is said in the name, 'unsporting.'

If however you are beaten and no bad sportmans ship is done, then all you have to do is rate the player too good to play with, so your console will avoid that person becasue your skill levels dont match.
---
If 3DS is announced to be coming out in November
ShadowofStatue: I will pee, for the first time in my life T-Viral-X: You...YOU ARE INHUMAN!