Is Kinect required?

#1Zapper1Posted 12/29/2013 11:24:19 PM
I like the games on Xbox one, and am seriously thinking of getting one, but there is one question that I cannot seem to find an answer too, even on Google.

Even though I am paying for the Kinect device, is it always required to be connected. Is it possible, after set up, to just remove it, and play the Xbox One mostly for games?

What are the pros, and cons of using it all the time, thanks.
#2WhiteAngel50Posted 12/29/2013 11:27:51 PM
No it's not required. But it does make things easier to access though.
---
Let me love you!
#3I_VTEC_Power_IPosted 12/29/2013 11:34:32 PM
WhiteAngel50 posted...

Half the time I couldn't get the stupid thing to work properly so I just gave up and stuck with the controller. Repeating myself over and over takes more time than clicking the controller a couple times.

I still have it connected though. If you unplug or turn off the kinect you get this annoying symbol in the top right of your screen all the time.

Man I hate this console interface!
---
Xbox Live : I VTEC Power I PSN : I_VTEC_Power_I
Bring back Honda F1
#4WhiteAngel50Posted 12/30/2013 12:58:18 AM
Quote:WhiteAngel50 posted...

Half the time I couldn't get the stupid thing to work properly so I just gave up and stuck with the controller. Repeating myself over and over takes more time than clicking the controller a couple times.

I still have it connected though. If you unplug or turn off the kinect you get this annoying symbol in the top right of your screen all the time.

@I_VTEC_Power_I

Huh that's strange. The only problem I have with the kinect is when I tell it to turn on and it doesn't unless I yell but other than that it works beautifully
---
Let me love you!
#5VirobotPosted 12/30/2013 1:01:26 AM
WhiteAngel50 posted...
Quote:WhiteAngel50 posted...

@I_VTEC_Power_I

Huh that's strange. The only problem I have with the kinect is when I tell it to turn on and it doesn't unless I yell but other than that it works beautifully

"Xbox, on."

"XBOX, ON!"

"XBOX, ON!!!"

"XBOX, OOOOOOONNNNNN!!!!!!!"

*passes out from lack of oxygen*

"And that, kids, is how the Xbox killed grandpa."
---
PSN/Steam:Jareski
#6SigmaLongshotPosted 12/30/2013 1:43:26 AM
Unfortunately it doesn't respond to the hoarse, gruntish tones of trolls.

Regular people, however, have no problems.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#7I_VTEC_Power_IPosted 12/30/2013 2:04:30 PM
SigmaLongshot posted...
Unfortunately it doesn't respond to the hoarse, gruntish tones of trolls.

Regular people, however, have no problems.

Yeah, it's either that or I have a really deep voice that the Kinect struggles to pick up.
---
Xbox Live : I VTEC Power I PSN : I_VTEC_Power_I
Bring back Honda F1