Skyrim Ultimate Edition exclusive to Xbox One?

#21TheolaHaloPosted 1/4/2014 1:08:03 PM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
shootsmack posted...
It is not going to support mods. Bank it.

Not a chance... MS doesn't even allow free DLC... Minecraft is the only game I know of to pull this off

Plenty of games have free DLC on 360
#22PraetorXynPosted 1/4/2014 3:35:48 PM
mokmuud posted...
nickizgr8 posted...
shootsmack posted...

This. The only way something like a mod would be introduced would be using one of those creation kits but obviously it will be limited because lol console.

Also you wont have any good mods like Skyrim on PC does. Most of the mods will be god weapons and such. because we all know what happens when console players are able to edit games. *cough* Call of duty *cough*

Actually all they would have to do is add something similar to steam workshop to manage the mods.

The issue is that Microsoft (or Sony) would only allow something like the Steam Workshop if they had 100% control of the list of mods available there. Which brings us back to "you won't get any good mods like on PC." You mod selection would be limited enough just because of console hardware, you really couldn't load up tons of aesthetic mods, etc. They would really end up probably only allowing things that could be DLC, like weapons, horse mods, stuff like that.

The other issue is it would defeat the entire purpose of a console. All I hear from console gamers is that "it will work the whole generation," and "I just have to pop in the disc and play," etc. The point of a console is to offer an optimized experience that's the same for everyone. Allowing mods would force people to manage mods on their own, and that's venturing into *gasp* PC territory, where, oh the horror, you have to do a bit of research and tinker with things for an optimal experience.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#23MacBookAirPosted 1/4/2014 3:37:18 PM
bossk5 posted...
NeoAnduril posted...
xb1 trolls are now making up titles to games and claiming exclusive because they don't have good exclusives they can actually play.

Sad.

Which of them claimed this as an exclusive?
Calling others trolls in your statement is hypocrisy at its finest. I should expect nothing more from you though I suppose.

Sad indeed.

Read the title.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, where the "facts" are made up and the truth doesn't matter!
#24PraetorXynPosted 1/4/2014 3:41:48 PM
TheolaHalo posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
shootsmack posted...

Not a chance... MS doesn't even allow free DLC... Minecraft is the only game I know of to pull this off

Plenty of games have free DLC on 360

When CDPR was releasing DLC for The Witcher 2, they said Microsoft would not allow them to give away that DLC on Xbox 360 like they were doing on PC, so they priced it so that Microsoft got the money they normally would and CDPR didn't get anything.

They do allow some DLC, but there are definitely restrictions on the amount of it a developer can release and the nature of the DLC itself. Probably something like only little outfits and trinkets can be free, but additional in game adventures must be sold.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#25singhellotakuPosted 1/4/2014 4:15:15 PM
Given microsoft's history, I think mod support on anything EVER is insanely unlikely
#26ZeroCool000111Posted 1/4/2014 4:53:42 PM
this goes with the gta5 port.
---
PSN (PS3,PS4,Vita): GrimReaper4383 - 360,Xbox One: CMaggotbone
The Simpsons Tapped Out: JasonVoorhees987
#27Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 1/4/2014 4:56:19 PM
ZeroCool000111 posted...
this goes with the gta5 port.

if someone ports gta 5 over to the PS4 and Xbox one it won't be Rockstar that does it they have adamantly said they won't do it
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#28bossk5Posted 1/5/2014 7:32:24 AM
MacBookAir posted...
bossk5 posted...
NeoAnduril posted...
xb1 trolls are now making up titles to games and claiming exclusive because they don't have good exclusives they can actually play.

Sad.

Which of them claimed this as an exclusive?
Calling others trolls in your statement is hypocrisy at its finest. I should expect nothing more from you though I suppose.

Sad indeed.

Read the title.

I think it's you who should " read the title" sweetie.
---
I buy used games. Piss&MoanFaqs
#29Silentbob711Posted 1/5/2014 7:53:07 AM
Didn't mass effect 3 have like 5 free dlcs?
---
FC-3110-5207-4470
#30Bikes-Posted 1/5/2014 7:58:40 AM
Silentbob711 posted...
Didn't mass effect 3 have like 5 free dlcs?

Yeah, free dlc isn't unheard of, but there's definitely a block since it's no where near as prevalent as it is on PC. My guess is bigger publishers have enough sway that they can throw some stupid little things up for free.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265