why is crimson dragon and killer instinct only digital?

#1NinjaGamer_23Posted 12/30/2013 3:41:46 AM
I thought I could find them in stores but did not but just learn they are only available digitally. WHat gives?
#2RyuuHou25Posted 12/30/2013 3:46:00 AM
20 dollar games typically do not get physical releases, not cost effective and all that. Ducktales technically didn't even have a true physical release, they just gave people a case with a collectors pin and a download code.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#3scoobydoobydontPosted 12/30/2013 3:53:06 AM
They are this gens equivalent of Arcade games. Also, KI specifically is more of a platform itself, like those Pinball games last gen. It exists to sell you characters and stuff, even if you bought the most complete package there's another "season" planned, so they won't have a complete game to sell for at least a year. We might see a collected version at retail when they're done with it, who knows. CD is just too niche to bother.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
#4MashYouGoodPosted 12/30/2013 6:19:32 AM
In the latter game's case, it's because it's a veritable demo; with the second half of the game to be released in 6 months or more. As such, disk-ing the game would be a waste of plastic, as most of the data is still in production.

Can't speak for the other game, however.