Do you use the OneBox for TV or for games?

#1shootsmackPosted 12/30/2013 7:50:29 AM
I bought it for the television experience. Compared to using outdated and clunky systems like remote controls and personalized digital recording, The OneBox viewing experience is very similar to an ongoing backrub.

Was the OneBox was always intended to be a television gadget? I feel like the camera was added for convenience so that you no longer need to fill out pesky surveys. Games must have been added later, I think. So far (and its looking like it'll stay this way) the TV experiences far outweigh and outperform whatever game experiences there are to be had.

What are your thoughts?
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#2zymmysPosted 12/30/2013 7:52:21 AM
GAMES here
---
Work smarter Not harder
#3TheHunger82Posted 12/30/2013 11:12:28 AM
I use it for both. I like not having to search for the tv remote or getting up to press the source button repeatedly.
---
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
GamerTag : TheHunger82
#4Reflex-ArcPosted 12/30/2013 11:15:30 AM
Both.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#5Jiggy101011Posted 12/30/2013 11:15:48 AM
Both, but I do love the TV integration. XBOX PAUSE, never gets old. Now I can lose the remote and not spend 10 minutes trying to figure out where I put it lol.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#6cheezedadadaPosted 12/30/2013 11:16:11 AM
LOL. As much as everyone knows that shootsmack is trolling with stuff like this, for some odd reason it doesn't bother me because its such a dumb joke that its funny.

My personal favorite was the thread where you told everyone you finally "watched" Ryse.
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#7GiarccpsnPosted 12/30/2013 11:17:01 AM
Games, the XboxTV thing doesn't work in my country.
---
PSN ID: JoeKnightt
XboxLive GT: JoeKnightt
#8ILikeGamesManPosted 12/30/2013 11:18:41 AM
I haven't really watched any TV on it yet because I can't stop playing DR3 and BF4. The wife and kids use it for TV though in between Peggle 2 tournaments.

A console that gives you a choice to do both is pretty awesome. I hope all consoles take note from this in the future. I like having an all in one setup and I like the direction they took it in.
#9EllesarienPosted 12/30/2013 11:22:50 AM
Both. I am probably using the X-1 pretty much how MS hoped for.

It has become my main entertainment hub. And because I had the X-1 I really didn't need to buy a smart TV so I saved some cash there when I bought my new TV.

I use it for Gaming, Blu-Ray, Netflix, TV, Internet, etc.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#10IIARCANAIIPosted 12/30/2013 11:23:10 AM
Haven't used it for my TV just yet. But I do have my PC hooked in. It's actually pretty nice to switch on the fly. Waiting on queue in Battlefield 4 is like waiting outside the night club without bribe money for the bouncer to let you in. So it's nice to check out what's on sale for Steam and then go back. I would imagine using my actual cable TV would be cool, but truth is, I only watch Walking Dead and Arrow at this point :p And I go to my living room to eat dinner and watch TV with my family. Anything else is just Amazon Prime for me
---
Tango down!