Microsoft To 'Look Into' Hello Games Aid...Could No Man Sky become exclusive?

#41KolanifvPosted 12/31/2013 3:51:29 PM
mahgah91 posted...
I'm guessing, however, Hello Games has the leverage here. They have a solid working concept to present, they already have the hype of the gaming audience and they have competitors vying for their attention.

Um, what? Did you miss the story? Hello Games is the one over a barrel here.
#42GuardianShadow0Posted 12/31/2013 9:59:10 PM
Helping them out in exchange for exclusivity would be a real dick move.
---
Killer of Topics
Flying Safari(Pidgey, Swanna, something) 4940-5557-6527 PM me if you add me.
#43NewMoonShadowPosted 12/31/2013 10:09:58 PM
teehee23 posted...
No Man's Sky could be a game changer and high-5 to Microsoft (the heart and soul of true hardcore oldschool gaming) for offering help.

... Microsoft? Oldschool gaming? Thanks for making me feel older and older every year, I really appreciate it.
#44Mindwipe77Posted 12/31/2013 10:24:02 PM
ugh TC is so selfish, so worried about having a game go exclusive so others can't play it, hate fanboys
---
Lightning Returns, MY GOTY 2014
Proud owner of Xbox One,PS 4 and Wii U
#45Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 12/31/2013 10:33:10 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
teehee23 posted...
No Man's Sky could be a game changer and high-5 to Microsoft (the heart and soul of true hardcore oldschool gaming) for offering help.

... Microsoft? Oldschool gaming? Thanks for making me feel older and older every year, I really appreciate it.

so oldschool is now encompassing years that are past Y2K?
damn...
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#46Pinoy441Posted 1/1/2014 2:39:24 AM
First off, a lot of indie devs end up either porting anyway OR they end up frustrated to the point with MS that they won't ever deal with them again

Second off, I've noticed a lack of "LOL INDIES DON'T MATTER" from the usual just because the topic title says an indie could be Xbone exclusive even though it will still be on Steam.

Third off, troll bait topic for both MS and Sony fanboys (Some nintendo but they're too busy cleaning up/baiting the Wii U boards)
---
*grabs popcorn*
#47zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 2:50:59 AM
GuardianShadow0 posted...

No it wouldn't, it's business. MS isn't just going to give them free money to help them out. Either they will want to get exclusive DLC, or buy them up and let them continue on working. If MS does anything at all. I would be saying the exact same thing if Sony or Nintendo was looking to help them out. It's a very effective business decision that would benefit them if they could invest in No Man Sky exclusively for either the PS4/X1. No Man Sky is a great concept that would definitely push units.

Ah who am I kidding, more than likely a good portion of GFaqs don't know what they're talking about when it comes to business.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#48CaIiber345Posted 1/1/2014 3:03:03 AM
I am really looking forward to NMS.

I do not plan on buying Xbox One. I own a Xbox 360 and PS4.

It will be a shame if this game gets stuck on just one console. I would say that if I owned Xbox One and not PS4. It should be enjoyed by everyone. It's time like this that I'm reminded why I mostly play multiplatform games; console companies just want select revenue, and smaller studios are just happy sometimes to get big budget funding and support. In the end, gamers lose. IMO.

I hope that gamers on all consoles get to play what look like a very promising and fun game. Thanks for the article, TC. I wasn't aware of Hello Games woes. I hope they recover quickly.
---
Playstation 4, Xbox 360
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!" - Bilbo Baggins
#49mokmuudPosted 1/1/2014 3:15:32 AM
That why I hope they go the route of doing a kickstarter.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#50CaIiber345Posted 1/1/2014 3:23:43 AM
zerooo0 posted...
GuardianShadow0 posted...

No Man Sky is a great concept that would definitely push units.

Ah who am I kidding, more than likely a good portion of GFaqs don't know what they're talking about when it comes to business.

Do you work for Sony or Microsoft? Most of us on GameFaqs don't. It's not my concern who and what 'pushes units.'

I'm a gamer and I want all gamers, regardless of console choice, to experience No Man's Sky. All consoles and developers win when more people get to play their games. Save your insults because you don't sound so bright when you insult people over something you have no financial stake in.
---
Playstation 4, Xbox 360
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!" - Bilbo Baggins