Recent players non existant? Rep system garbage?`

#1gambit444Posted 12/30/2013 12:21:00 PM
I remember them saying they really ramped up the rep system & i was looking forward to it. last night i was playing ryse & someone quit on me 2nd of 3 rounds in. naturally i wanted to report this quitting early but know one on the net had an answer on how i can do this. mostly because i never caught his tag.

Should i now always get a pen and paper before playing multi? why are there some glaring feature ommisions? a recent player list is a must. how can you implement a rep system if you don't know who just quit on you...i sorta got his name but there were to many numbers, etc.

Also where are my weekly gold sales? i get why there are no sales yet but i'm not seeing such a big benefit to my gold in regards to the X1, ATM. sorry for the rant. there are way to many things about this new dash that just suck.heres to looking forward to a spring update (if they are still doing that)
---
Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald
#2daniel79Posted 12/30/2013 12:43:40 PM
You report people for dropping out?

Get a grip. Anything could have happend to him.

'Wahhh, someone left my computer game, I must tell on him.. wahhh'
#3thatbamaguy2288Posted 12/30/2013 12:53:51 PM(edited)
Quote:You report people for dropping out?

@daniel79

This. Maybe he has a bad connection? Maybe he had something come up that was far more important than a video game?

I'm with you on the gold sale thing though.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.12
#4Special-EddPosted 12/30/2013 12:55:44 PM
The only time I care if people disconnect is if they do it consistently in a fighting game. Although a lot of games now give you a loss for DC or show how often you have disconnected. Still, its funny sometimes when you get that "player has left the game" message after you hand them a severe beating.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#5gambit444(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2013 1:49:55 PM
I almost never report anyone for anything but while it is true that he could have had a bad connection, i would assume there superior rating system should be able to compensate for this. furthermore, i can't ask him what happened because i dont have a recent played list.

as for the sales, even if they were just selling avatar items at this point, at least it would be something.
---
Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald
#6gohoanqPosted 12/30/2013 2:06:18 PM
gambit444 posted...
I almost never report anyone for anything but while it is true that he could have had a bad connection, i would assume there superior rating system should be able to compensate for this. furthermore, i can't ask him what happened because i dont have a recent played list.

as for the sales, even if they were just selling avatar items at this point, at least it would be something.

I can KIND of understand wanting to "punish" someone for ruining your good time or whatever.. but you shouldn't feel the need to know so badly that you'd actually ask them why if you could. o.0 I also can't believe you're willing to write down their gamertags because you don't have an easier way like recently played lists.. o_o Maybe they disconnected or like me sometimes, tried to play another game but just couldn't after all due to boredom or being tired, or needing to go somewhere, etc. I think you should examine why you care so much lol
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#7CRASS5000Posted 12/30/2013 2:51:47 PM
I agree that some of the UI is hard to navigate, especially the friends/party options.

Rep is just a ratings system and isn't the same as reporting someone. The ratings system (REP) is there for you to filter the people you play with. Reporting someone issues a complaint and usually involves an "enforcer" looking into the situation.

I think you are confusing the two, or misusing one.
---
GT. CRASS RAT GT2. LBC iGoNegative
*Official Topic Killer*
#8zinsindettaPosted 12/30/2013 3:06:32 PM
daniel79 posted...
You report people for dropping out?

Sounds like your one of those people taking such offense. I report them too if they are a hit away from dying on Killer Instinct or if their triple mac strategy doesn't work on Halo Wars and so forth. You can tell when they disconnect being a jerk. How about you stop crying, that is why the option to report them exists. Let the sore loser quitters play with each other and have their time wasted.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#9Viper187666Posted 12/30/2013 4:07:35 PM
Yep. Bring on all the fanboys to defend the garbage, rushed OS with missing features. Just like every other mistake MS has made.
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#10ILikesCheesePosted 12/30/2013 7:19:53 PM
gambit444 posted...
I remember them saying they really ramped up the rep system & i was looking forward to it. last night i was playing ryse & someone quit on me 2nd of 3 rounds in. naturally i wanted to report this quitting early.

Does doing that make you feel like a BIG MAN? Does it make you feel important? Is there little else in your life that you have control over that the idea of striking out against an anonymous gamer who dared to "quit early" on you fills you with glee?

I feel sorry for you.

No I don't!
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?