Recent players non existant? Rep system garbage?`

#21Foxx3kPosted 1/1/2014 11:14:36 AM
Viper187666 posted...
gambit444 posted...

I think it's more important to be implementing the system & making it accessible rather than nitpicking at this point.

What system? It seriously never worked. I used to avoid the idlers on Halo Reach and still got matched with them on a daily basis. I've been saying it ever since Reach was released. There should've been a simple blacklist option. If I "avoid" someone, I NEVER want to see them again for any reason. Is that really so hard for MS to understand!?

I don't think you want that.

Parties would be constantly broken up upon joining servers.
Large games like BF4 would hardly ever be able to populate.
It would totally and thoroughly break multiplayer gaming.

I can see a "blacklist" working in 1v1 things, though, like fighting games.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#22Shiranui777Posted 1/1/2014 8:45:04 PM
Report EVERYONE
#23LanternOfAshPosted 1/1/2014 9:02:02 PM
Wow, boo hoo. I sure you don't want people avoiding you for no damn reason either. I had 50% bad feedback for trash talking when I hardly ever had a mic on. The avoid system was absolutely dumb as hell and didn't do anything. It just let little Timmy feel like a boss when he 'hurt your profile' or 'reported you to Microsoft'. It didn't keep that person from playing with you again, I almost kind of feel bad for you if you wasted your time leaving feedback under that assumption. I'm glad they finally got rid of it so everyone don't get their panties in a twist about it all the time.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
#24Aone1987Posted 1/1/2014 9:02:57 PM
gambit444 posted...
I remember them saying they really ramped up the rep system & i was looking forward to it. last night i was playing ryse & someone quit on me 2nd of 3 rounds in. naturally i wanted to report this quitting early but know one on the net had an answer on how i can do this. mostly because i never caught his tag.

Should i now always get a pen and paper before playing multi? why are there some glaring feature ommisions? a recent player list is a must. how can you implement a rep system if you don't know who just quit on you...i sorta got his name but there were to many numbers, etc.

Also where are my weekly gold sales? i get why there are no sales yet but i'm not seeing such a big benefit to my gold in regards to the X1, ATM. sorry for the rant. there are way to many things about this new dash that just suck.heres to looking forward to a spring update (if they are still doing that)

yikes im sticking to psn
#25ILikesCheesePosted 1/2/2014 7:43:17 AM
LanternOfAsh posted...
Wow, boo hoo. I sure you don't want people avoiding you for no damn reason either. I had 50% bad feedback for trash talking when I hardly ever had a mic on. The avoid system was absolutely dumb as hell and didn't do anything. It just let little Timmy feel like a boss when he 'hurt your profile' or 'reported you to Microsoft'. It didn't keep that person from playing with you again, I almost kind of feel bad for you if you wasted your time leaving feedback under that assumption. I'm glad they finally got rid of it so everyone don't get their panties in a twist about it all the time.

The "Feedback" system was a joke on the 360. I agree, it was nothing more than a "Make Timmy Feel Better" ploy. I had scores of bad rep complaints for "Unsportsmanlike" for winning races in Blur and killing people in Dark Souls. Boo-hoo indeed. Yet my rep still never fell below 5 stars.

All that talk by MS about making a "NEW AND IMPROVED! BELIEVE US!!" rep system for the Xbox One was hot air and fibs. They cannot even get the friend system to function correctly.

TC, if you are constantly matched up with a player who quits just as they are about to lose, I do understand the frustration as it happened continually in Dark Souls. But your wording of "naturally I reported him" for a single instance in your OP came off as prudish and foolish to me.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?