I missed out on the Xbox One Day One Edition and Day One Edition exclusives...?

#1ukemandwnbuPosted 12/30/2013 2:15:22 PM
I plan on buying an Xbox One in Spring (around the time of Titanfall probably), but I didn't really want to get the new consoles until just recently. I have regret now that I didn't bother with pre-ordering or midnight launch pick-up.

I missed out on the Xbox One Day One Edition and Day One Edition exclusives, did I miss out on a lot of cool bonuses?
#2EmbersOfElderPosted 12/30/2013 2:16:27 PM
A limited controller, free copy of FIFA and an achievement that'll likely get you perks in future.
#3suicide machinePosted 12/30/2013 2:18:32 PM(edited)
there really wasn't anything cool about the day one edition. as far as I know, the controller said "day one edition" and it came with a day one achievement. nothing else.

EDIT: what? I didn't get a free copy of fifa!?!?!

---
GamerTag: M Slender | Battlelog ID: Tooningspork | PSN: mslender
Xbox One clips at https://www.youtube.com/soulcoffin
#4TrickyPonyPosted 12/30/2013 2:18:33 PM
Free copy of FIFA was to Europe only I thought. I don't think TC missed out on too much. I have a Day One console and I don't notice the writing on my controller and most of the DLC stuff was cool to get free but not game changing.

Hoping the achievement has some downstream perk though
#5suicide machinePosted 12/30/2013 2:19:10 PM
TrickyPony posted...
Free copy of FIFA was to Europe only I thought. I don't think TC missed out on too much. I have a Day One console and I don't notice the writing on my controller and most of the DLC stuff was cool to get free but not game changing.

Hoping the achievement has some downstream perk though

what dlc stuff was there?
---
GamerTag: M Slender | Battlelog ID: Tooningspork | PSN: mslender
Xbox One clips at https://www.youtube.com/soulcoffin
#6ukemandwnbu(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2013 2:44:33 PM
So some exclusive characters skins and cover art/controller. Well, I suppose I could live without that. Still, having it Day One is a more sentimental kind of bonus. Very well, thank you for the responses.

Also, what kind of perks will the Day One Achievement offer in the future? Like early access to games, DLC, etc.?
#7SurfinClubStylePosted 12/30/2013 2:58:39 PM
you can probably find Day One Editions on Craigslist

Saw a few recently going for less than sales tax
---
1997 Toyota Supra 6-Speed Twin Turbo Targa Top - SOLD ($53,600)
2001 Toyota Celica 6-Speed GT-S - SOLD ($13,300)
#8TrickyPonyPosted 12/30/2013 3:01:18 PM
ukemandwnbu posted...

Also, what kind of perks will the Day One Achievement offer in the future? Like early access to games, DLC, etc.?

No one knows or even if it will give a perk. Its just hopeful wishing.