Aside from price, why is the Wii U the better buy over Xbone One?

#11teehee23Posted 12/30/2013 3:41:39 PM(edited)
The_Djoker posted...
It's not. Unless you're a massive Nintendo fan. X1 will eventually outsell the wii U, have a far superior lineup of 3rd party titles as well as superior online and overall system capabilities outside of games.

Wii U will have better 1st party titles. That's about it.

I believe it's a myth that Nintendo will have better 1st party titles.
Nintendo is still capable of making a blockbuster hit now and then but the past two gens have shown their steady decline. Microsoft is taking bold chances with its 1st party games (which fall under the category of solicited and funded exclusives) while Nintendo has completely forgotten what new and original IP's mean and their future announced games are overwhelmingly vapid.

I haven't heard of anything in the works for Wii U that compares with the revolutionary direction of Project Spark and Quantum Break. And UBIsoft has taken a far superior lead over Nintendo with Rayman Origins and Legends in the 2-D platformer genre.

If a gamer wants more of the same then Nintendo is a sure fire bet but that's about it. They haven't used the Wii U's tablet to defining effect and 3rd party support is already dead. I don't see how their 1st party games will be better when they aren't taking any chances and Wii U's horrible sales keep them from playing it anything but safe.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#12saleonkennedyPosted 12/30/2013 3:57:37 PM
For me its the games released. When it comes to online, i prefer xbox one. I dont own the wii U but i have been playying the wii lately playing all the previous resident evils and pikmin. The games feel different when i play the wii. Nintendo is such a good company that brings a lot of replayability to their games. Maybe its nostalga but i like the older games than the ones we have today.

Now back to the question in hand. Its all about preference. If you had to pick up a console now, I would pick up the wii u. Great games are coming up for the xbox one but right now, id rather have a wii u.

Btw i am a xbox fanboy whose loyalty lies to microsoft. So saying i prefer wii u over xbox one atm is something.

Tldr- its all about preference
---
Not changing this sig until Leon Kennedy is in a fighting game. Started 7/14/2013
#13majinbuu58Posted 12/30/2013 3:58:21 PM
Monster Hunter
#14ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 12/30/2013 4:10:57 PM
i dont want to play mario 5000, dont like zelda and dont care about any nintendo ip. Been there, done that and the wiiu offers nothing else except gimmicks
---
Gamertag: ALMIGHTY CHEEKS
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#15MilesTeg420Posted 12/30/2013 4:57:56 PM
ACHEEKSMALLOY posted...
i dont want to play mario 5000, dont like zelda and dont care about any nintendo ip. Been there, done that and the wiiu offers nothing else except gimmicks

Yeah me too. What I want is Madden 10000, CoD 7000, Halo 8000, and Assassin's Creed 256. And the Kinect is a gaming revolution compared to the Gamepad.
#16zmousePosted 12/30/2013 5:08:32 PM
Because they're kids, have kids or like to relive their youth by playing games they played as kids. Sort of kidding :p
#17skermacPosted 12/30/2013 5:09:41 PM
Xbone One? You are saying Xbox One One Xbone=Xbox one

Not even an attempt to hide trolling.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#18ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 12/30/2013 7:03:38 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
ACHEEKSMALLOY posted...

Yeah me too. What I want is Madden 10000, CoD 7000, Halo 8000, and Assassin's Creed 256. And the Kinect is a gaming revolution compared to the Gamepad.

as rehashed as those series are, they havent been churning out the same crap for over 20 years.
---
Gamertag: ALMIGHTY CHEEKS
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#19mokmuudPosted 12/30/2013 7:17:23 PM
teehee23 posted...
The_Djoker posted...
It's not. Unless you're a massive Nintendo fan. X1 will eventually outsell the wii U, have a far superior lineup of 3rd party titles as well as superior online and overall system capabilities outside of games.

Wii U will have better 1st party titles. That's about it.

I believe it's a myth that Nintendo will have better 1st party titles.
Nintendo is still capable of making a blockbuster hit now and then but the past two gens have shown their steady decline. Microsoft is taking bold chances with its 1st party games (which fall under the category of solicited and funded exclusives) while Nintendo has completely forgotten what new and original IP's mean and their future announced games are overwhelmingly vapid.

I haven't heard of anything in the works for Wii U that compares with the revolutionary direction of Project Spark and Quantum Break. And UBIsoft has taken a far superior lead over Nintendo with Rayman Origins and Legends in the 2-D platformer genre.

If a gamer wants more of the same then Nintendo is a sure fire bet but that's about it. They haven't used the Wii U's tablet to defining effect and 3rd party support is already dead. I don't see how their 1st party games will be better when they aren't taking any chances and Wii U's horrible sales keep them from playing it anything but safe.

You do realize out of the big three Nintendo has the least to worry about financially. They can afford to have slow sales with the wiiu considering the had a year headstart. They make more than enough of the 3ds and with Mario kart and ssb coming out sales will pick up. Heck they have been around before Microsoft and Sony and most likely will be around after. They don't need to compete directly.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#20Reece504Posted 12/31/2013 1:56:13 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]