Aside from price, why is the Wii U the better buy over Xbone One?

#21aszsithPosted 12/31/2013 3:23:28 AM
It isn't. Nor is the XBOne necessarily the better buy. Why is everyone so intent on making video game purchases into Sophie's Choice?

(for those who are unaware, Sophie's Choice is a book, adapted into a film, in which a mother is forced by soldiers to pick which one of her two children gets to live and which one will be murdered. She is forced to chose one or they both will die. The term has become synonymous with making difficult no-win choices.)

Nintendo has a brand reputation. They make a certain style of first party games that appeal to a mass audience. They are family friendly, easy enough to be an entry point for new gamers, and yet designed to offer challenge and depth for the more seasoned gamer. They are a fine choice for a gaming purchase and offer a unique experience.

This, however, does not mean they own the exclusive rights to innovation or good games. The games Nintendo offers have no relationship with the games offered on Sony or Microsoft platforms.

They are like fruit. Nintendo is apples, Sony is oranges, and Microsoft is peaches. You may like one, some, all, or none of those. But your feelings towards one have no influence over the others because they are different and independent.
---
You can put icing on a turd, but that doesn't make it a cupcake!
#22SuperSmashKartPosted 12/31/2013 4:28:11 AM
Well, I do enjoy playing games online without paying a monthly fee, they are the only nextgen console that does that now.(Beside free-to-play). The ability to play games on the gamepad while my TV is being used to play Call of Duty by others in the house. Also it has my favorite game series. I do like halo but I never keep up with XboxLive fee, so I don't really play it that much.
---
Help me make a good game by taking this survey!
http://tinyurl.com/GIYFSurvey3
#23Laylow12Posted 12/31/2013 6:06:29 AM
If you're asking me it's because the Wii-U has more games in 1080p than the XBOX ONE. It has superior exclusives and the Game Pad is far more fun then repeating commands over and over or waving your arms around to change something in a game menu while the controller sits right next to you.

Part of the reason I returned the XBOX ONE is KINECT 2.0 being so inaccurate while the Wii-U game pad has been awesome.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#24ethanpaigePosted 12/31/2013 7:03:26 AM
The Wii U sits in the side console niche due to its first party games, and fits into that spot perfectly honestly. When I'm done with my Xbox for the day I always enjoy turning it on for some Wind Waker, Pikmin or Mario. Plus you can't go wrong with Monster Hunter. Also has Smash Bros. on the horizon.

For a primary console? Well, that's all about personal preference, as it is with every console. But the way to go this Gen is to have an Xbox or Ps4 as your primary and Wii U as your refreshing side dish. Say what you will about Nintendo and their third party support (or lack thereof) but their first party games are consistent quality for the most part.
---
---
#25The_DOAMPosted 1/1/2014 5:43:17 PM
SigmaLongshot posted...
stargazer1981 posted...
The_Djoker posted...
It's not. Unless you're a massive Nintendo fan. X1 will eventually outsell the wii U, have a far superior lineup of 3rd party titles as well as superior online and overall system capabilities outside of games.

Wii U will have better 1st party titles. That's about it.

Which is why having a Wii U AND an X1 is the only way to go this gen. ;-)

This plus one.

Or Wiiu+PC, Wiiu + Ps4, even *gasp* just a Wiiu plus a 3ds as that handheld practically has a monopoly. So I call it Nintendo wins again as whether its your primary or secondary its a sale and they've mainted this coveted position since Sega left. As for tc's question Microsoft isn't Sega they don't offer anything unique their to close to PC and ps4 they force kinect on you to vary their product but its not enough no reason for a PC or ps4 owner to get a One. Also Wiiu is getting X
they have third party games its just their not million dollar blockbusters so they get more niche cult games like no more heroes Xenoblade or Muramasa the demon blade. Even unique spin offs like ff crystal chronicles. Capcom vs tsu or Darkside Chronicles
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#26CasualGamersPosted 1/1/2014 5:54:30 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
ACHEEKSMALLOY posted...
i dont want to play mario 5000, dont like zelda and dont care about any nintendo ip. Been there, done that and the wiiu offers nothing else except gimmicks

Yeah me too. What I want is Madden 10000, CoD 7000, Halo 8000, and Assassin's Creed 256. And the Kinect is a gaming revolution compared to the Gamepad.

This.

And I cannot believe no one caught the tc's mistake In the title.

Xbone one? Lol. We already know where your bias is.
#27CasualGamersPosted 1/1/2014 5:55:54 PM
The_DOAM posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
stargazer1981 posted...
The_Djoker posted...
It's not. Unless you're a massive Nintendo fan. X1 will eventually outsell the wii U, have a far superior lineup of 3rd party titles as well as superior online and overall system capabilities outside of games.

Wii U will have better 1st party titles. That's about it.

Which is why having a Wii U AND an X1 is the only way to go this gen. ;-)

This plus one.

Or Wiiu+PC, Wiiu + Ps4, even *gasp* just a Wiiu plus a 3ds as that handheld practically has a monopoly. So I call it Nintendo wins again as whether its your primary or secondary its a sale and they've mainted this coveted position since Sega left. As for tc's question Microsoft isn't Sega they don't offer anything unique their to close to PC and ps4 they force kinect on you to vary their product but its not enough no reason for a PC or ps4 owner to get a One. Also Wiiu is getting X
they have third party games its just their not million dollar blockbusters so they get more niche cult games like no more heroes Xenoblade or Muramasa the demon blade. Even unique spin offs like ff crystal chronicles. Capcom vs tsu or Darkside Chronicles

Derp.

Xenoblade is a first party title.
#28AzaneAzerPosted 1/1/2014 6:05:53 PM
wii u wins games
PS4 wins specs
Xbone wins on anti-consumer practices that work.
#29CoolioKDudePosted 1/1/2014 6:12:19 PM
depends on what you want but I personally think that PS4 and Wii U or Xbox one and Wii U is the best option PS4/X1 for the multiplats Wii U for the exclusives if you could only pick one though I enjoy all of mine equally so it's just a matter of preference... unless you're in middle school where they(other kids) train you to hate everything nintendo....
#30SnoicFactorPosted 1/1/2014 8:02:35 PM
Ps4 is best imo..x1>>>wiiu though. X1 has good online infrastructure, lots of third party support, better graphics, etc. Its the better buy for sure.
---
nt