Aside from price, why is the Wii U the better buy over Xbone One?

#31TheCyborgNinjaPosted 1/1/2014 7:18:32 PM
I own both, but the Wii U's current and announced 2014 line-up whomp both the PS4 and X1.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#32CapnStankyPosted 1/1/2014 7:20:35 PM
I can't tell if these threads are serious anymore. They're too dumb to be real, right?
#33Dev445Posted 1/1/2014 7:33:26 PM
The_Djoker posted...
It's not. Unless you're a massive Nintendo fan. X1 will eventually outsell the wii U, have a far superior lineup of 3rd party titles as well as superior online and overall system capabilities outside of games.

Wii U will have better 1st party titles. That's about it.

I've never agreed with people that made that statement, I wouldn't say better 1st party titles, it just boils down to what your into more, Halo, Gears, and Forza or Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros and Mario Kart
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#34jakethenoobPosted 1/1/2014 9:30:05 PM
Because an Xbox one is just a bad PC.

PC/3DS/Wii U is probably the way to go. At least for a few years.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#35shawnmckPosted 1/1/2014 9:37:56 PM(edited)
The Wii-U is cheaper, and has a bigger library of games.
But make no mistake, the Wii-U is not as powerful as the XB One.
it is slightly more powerful than the PS3 & XB 360...but it is nowhere near as powerful as the XBO &/or PS4.
And it (Wii-U) is considerably cheaper. By like $150+.

Also, Nintendo has proven that their consoles are reliable.
Microsoft still has a terrible track-record with shoddy tech and faulty units that break after a short period of time.

Both are good consoles, but they have their advantages & disadvantages.
#36Rome218Posted 1/1/2014 9:37:19 PM
jakethenoob posted...
Because an Xbox one is just a bad PC.

PC/3DS/Wii U is probably the way to go. At least for a few years.

PC Gamers always gets things confused.

The thing about console, it will not look as nice as it's computer counterpart, but it was built with the living room around. I do not care if you can plug in controllers now, and place your PC to your big screen. It is still mouse and keyboard oriented, and playing certain online games will clearly put you at a disadvantage, and a lot of games require a separate software device to make sure a controller works correctly.

Two gens ago there was a real difference to PC gaming and console. Console could not do anything to play games like Far Cry on PC, so they made console releases which were not really the main game.

Last gen, regardless if the graphics were good or not, the games were playable in a living room environment. Let's look at Crysis 3. For that game to look that good on such an old machine, even to be able to run smoothly on it, is an incredible feat. So while PC may have the graphics, consoles have the convenience of knowing they can play a lot of the same games and the developers we keep consoles players in mind when making the game for our system. So I know the guy I'm playing PVP is using a controller too, or I will not worry about controller compatibility issues on a game.
#37The_DOAMPosted 1/2/2014 1:08:22 AM
SnoicFactor posted...
Ps4 is best imo..x1>>>wiiu though. X1 has good online infrastructure, lots of third party support, better graphics, etc. Its the better buy for sure.

But if you have a Ps4 then you already have those things so best go Nintendo for your second console. That right there is the reason their so lazy nowadays. Not like the Sega days when all three consoles actively competed with each other. Any combination of consoles and PC worked just fine even owning them all as they each offered something vastly different from their competitors.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...