Which game to pick up next?

#1Jakeab1995Posted 12/30/2013 6:56:30 PM
I'm debating n Forza 5, Ryse: Son of Rome, and Battlefield 4. Each game has caught my eye and I'm stumped on what to get. Anyone that has these, tell me about them?
---
PSN: jakeab1995
XBL: PublicEnemy09
#2DRmoellerPosted 12/30/2013 8:09:49 PM
I have all 3. I'll start with Forza. This is my first sim racing game and it's nearly perfect. I enjoy it a lot on short burst. It could probably use a few more tracks and cars but definitely not a deal breaker.

Battlefield 4 is an amazing online shooter. I've been playing battlefield since 1942 and this is the best battlefield on a console. Battlefield Bad Company 2 was great too. I will warn you about the bugs and lag but EA/Dice are working on that. It's still playable, just annoying at times. I play this game the most even with the current problems. When trying to get into a game just wait a second after choosing a game that has open slots. The game lets you scroll around while it's looking, it just doesn't tell you that which can make you believe it's not working. It is.

And Ryse. Honestly, I haven't opened it. I will though. But from what I've come to believe is it's a one time single player run through and it's short. It has online multiplayer but it won't keep you around long. The reason I'm keeping it is because I heard it was decent, I have everything else, and I really want to see what it's all about. Money is not an issue.

So from that I would say either Forza or Battlefield. If you have COD then you have your FPS fix so get some variety. If you don't have an FPS then get Battlefield. There's my answer.
#3Jakeab1995(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2013 8:14:51 PM
DRmoeller posted...
I have all 3. I'll start with Forza. This is my first sim racing game and it's nearly perfect. I enjoy it a lot on short burst. It could probably use a few more tracks and cars but definitely not a deal breaker.

Battlefield 4 is an amazing online shooter. I've been playing battlefield since 1942 and this is the best battlefield on a console. Battlefield Bad Company 2 was great too. I will warn you about the bugs and lag but EA/Dice are working on that. It's still playable, just annoying at times. I play this game the most even with the current problems. When trying to get into a game just wait a second after choosing a game that has open slots. The game lets you scroll around while it's looking, it just doesn't tell you that which can make you believe it's not working. It is.

And Ryse. Honestly, I haven't opened it. I will though. But from what I've come to believe is it's a one time single player run through and it's short. It has online multiplayer but it won't keep you around long. The reason I'm keeping it is because I heard it was decent, I have everything else, and I really want to see what it's all about. Money is not an issue.

So from that I would say either Forza or Battlefield. If you have COD then you have your FPS fix so get some variety. If you don't have an FPS then get Battlefield. There's my answer.

Thank you very much! Battlefield will most likely be my fix. I traded in COD Ghosts, it wasn't my kind of FPS. I've wanted to try BF4 for a bit now, so may get it. I wanted to get Forza 5, but after hearing about the no open world it became less exciting to me.
---
#4CasualNinjaPosted 12/30/2013 8:36:38 PM
Forza is good, but will get boring quick especially if u don't get the tier rewards from playing previous Forza games.

Ryse is really good in my opinion. Graphics are excellent and multiplayer is a lot of fun if it isn't with randoms whining. It is only really short in my opinion if u don't explore.

Battlefield 4 looks pretty good, but I've heard many server issues and that is from my buddy who plays way too much Battlefield lol. So if he even criticizes it, it must be a real issue.

I'd recommend Ryse, unless you have a lot of buddies who play BF4.
#5Jakeab1995(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2013 9:02:21 PM
CasualNinja posted...
Forza is good, but will get boring quick especially if u don't get the tier rewards from playing previous Forza games.

Ryse is really good in my opinion. Graphics are excellent and multiplayer is a lot of fun if it isn't with randoms whining. It is only really short in my opinion if u don't explore.

Battlefield 4 looks pretty good, but I've heard many server issues and that is from my buddy who plays way too much Battlefield lol. So if he even criticizes it, it must be a real issue.

Ahhhhh, still on the fence! Care to go into more detail about Ryse?
---
#6lunaticcorePosted 12/30/2013 9:07:22 PM
Ryse is a great rental. I was pretty much sick of the gameplay by the time I finished my first playthrough though.

Battlefield is pretty much amazing when it's working, and I don't say that because I feel like it isn't working often enough.
#7Jakeab1995(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2013 9:10:34 PM
Any ideas on when the Battlefield issues will be fixed?
---
#8teehee23Posted 12/30/2013 9:17:50 PM
Jakeab1995 posted...
CasualNinja posted...

Ahhhhh, still on the fence! Care to go into more detail about Ryse?

Ryse: Son of Rome's combat is pure addiction.
It seems simple but the timing involved is deceptively rewarding with the right parry and then counter attack offering brutal finishers. If you're a fan of the movie '300' Ryse is the closest any game has ever come to capturing that ferocity.
One of the Giant Bomb editor's even has Ryse on his top 10 Games of the Year lists.
I agree with him and so glad I bought it.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#9CrownedOne03Posted 12/30/2013 9:19:23 PM
Ryse is an enjoyable fun and beautiful game..... That is, if you go into it with an understanding of what you are going into.

It has the feel of the dynasty warriors games of the past ( tons of enemies that you will hack and slash through countless times using the same attacks by spamming the same buttons over and over) with that being said, it doesn't make it bad or less enjoyable. It's true the QT execution sequences have no consequences in the death of your enemy, however it does effect the outcome afterwards, be it through no health recovery bonus if the wrong button sequence are pressed as well as less points awarded.

Now, if you accept the above and are okay with that and look at what the game offers, you have a beautiful world that puts you as a Roman on a warpath. I personally enjoy learning about history and the Roman era is one of my favorites, so that is a plus for this game to me.

The online gladiator mode is fun as well! It is what online is all about, everyone from all over coming to the arena to watch the battle where two gladiators take on many challenges together to beat the odds. I love watching the opening cinematic where both gladiators are walking out into the arena, it sets the mood and stage for what's ahead.

It's not for everyone and I see where people complain about the repetition of the game and it's fine for them to feel that way, it's not for them.
#10bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 12/30/2013 9:38:20 PM
Jakeab1995 posted...
Any ideas on when the Battlefield issues will be fixed?

Battlefield is fine. The only thing broken is quick match. As long as you use the server browser you will be fine.
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.