Which game to pick up next?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Which game to pick up next?
2 years ago#11
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
Jakeab1995 posted...
Any ideas on when the Battlefield issues will be fixed?

Battlefield is fine. The only thing broken is quick match. As long as you use the server browser you will be fine.

So give me your personal opinion. Rate 1-10?
---
PSN: jakeab1995
XBL: PublicEnemy09
2 years ago#12
I'll throw my 2 cents into the mix:

Forza 5 is pretty. But I wasn't thrilled with the gameplay when I tried it recently. That alone made me decide to skip the title, with the micro transaction issue so many people lament being extra fuel on that fire. I own Need For Speed Rivals and that seems more up your alley since it has the open world you mentioned Forza was missing.
Forza 5 - 5/10. NFS Rivals 8/10

Ryse is also very pretty. It started as a Kinect only game and was then changed to be a 3rd person action title and it shows in the gameplay. It lacks variety and is fairly linear. That being said, I think it is a lot of fun. It actually has more nuance than most reviewers have given it credit for. It reminds me of the first Assassin's Creed in that it has a lot of unexplored potential that was seemingly either overlooked or ignored to rush it out the door. But it is fun, especially on the higher difficulty.
Ryse 7/10

I just picked up Battlefield (was waiting for the mess to be sorted out) and have been enjoying it, but havent played too much. I looks great, controls well, and as others have said, seems to be working as long as you don't try to play a random quick match.
Battlefield 4 8/10
---
You can put icing on a turd, but that doesn't make it a cupcake!
2 years ago#13
I was the first to post on here talking about my unopened Ryse game and I just have to say you all have convinced me to open it sooner rather then later. That being said I still believe you should go with Battlefield. I agree with the fellow who said you sound like more of a Need for Speed kind of dude rather then Forza.

That being said, Battlefield has server issues but they are not game breaking. We have no idea when they well be fixed, but it will be soon. Dice has already released a handful of patches since release and if you're optimistic at all then that can mean that they've seen the concerns, they haven't forgotten about us, and are working around the clock till these issues are fixed.

Join us on the Battlefield and experience what these Battlefield Moments are all about first hand. If you go with Ryse I won't be disappointed. Sounds intriguing.
2 years ago#14
Jakeab1995 posted...
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
Jakeab1995 posted...
Any ideas on when the Battlefield issues will be fixed?

Battlefield is fine. The only thing broken is quick match. As long as you use the server browser you will be fine.

So give me your personal opinion. Rate 1-10?

8.5 out of 10.
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.
2 years ago#15
Looking l 'll try Battlefield 4 and possibly NFS Rivals. Thanks guys!
---
PSN: jakeab1995
XBL: PublicEnemy09
2 years ago#16
Forza is extremely dull if you're not a simulation person. BF4 is pretty good, but definitely needs work. I wouldn't recommend either, honestly.

Ryse took me about 10 hours to finish, but was very enjoyable. It was a perfect "one and done" for me. I loved 95% of it, but don't know if I could do it all again after knowing what happens now...
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Which game to pick up next?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived