Starting to think downloading games isnt worth no tax charges

#1FryobvPosted 12/31/2013 1:25:32 PM
its taken 2+ hours just to get to 20% on my deadrising 3 installation. gonna take nearly half a game just to install a game.....

im starting to think it is not worth it. and to think i was also going to download nba2k14 :(
#2aszsithPosted 12/31/2013 1:27:40 PM
The lack of a competitive price structure makes it not worth it.
---
You can put icing on a turd, but that doesn't make it a cupcake!
#3scoobydoobydontPosted 12/31/2013 1:28:24 PM
They charge tax.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
#4brownmysterPosted 12/31/2013 1:32:42 PM
I started my Dr 3 download then started watching a movie. It was done halfway through the movie
#5strukeljPosted 12/31/2013 1:38:08 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
They charge tax.

depends where ur from
#6PraetorXynPosted 12/31/2013 1:43:32 PM
The fact that the digital version costs the same as the physical version makes it not worth it when you consider the fact that the Xbox has a 500 GB hard drive that can't be changed without voiding the warranty (that's an assumption on my part) and the average ISP in the US has bandwidth caps somewhere in the neighborhood of 250 GB or less.

The two biggest factors contributing to this are:
1. Each manufacturer has a monopoly on their respective digital storefront, so there's no one for them to compete with on price
2. Brick and Mortar stores would throw a world-class hissy fit if digital games were priced less than physical games, and probably stop carrying them altogether, which would mean way less money for the manufacturer.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#7strukeljPosted 12/31/2013 1:48:35 PM
if ur trying to save money buy the physical copy anyways. sell it after, or get credit. more money in ur pocket and less problems like the above mention
#8Fryobv(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2013 1:52:55 PM
well that sucks... yea, i guess i will go and purchase nba2k in person if i decide to buy it.
#9FinzFan4lifePosted 12/31/2013 2:20:20 PM
no difference since you have to install the game anyways and that takes a bit. i enjoy having my games digital since i can just say xbx go to *Game*. I enjoy it and have good internet speed so im not worried and besides you can play the game after it starts downloading
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#10dnmtPosted 12/31/2013 2:22:54 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
The fact that the digital version costs the same as the physical version makes it not worth it when you consider the fact that the Xbox has a 500 GB hard drive that can't be changed without voiding the warranty (that's an assumption on my part) and the average ISP in the US has bandwidth caps somewhere in the neighborhood of 250 GB or less.

The two biggest factors contributing to this are:
1. Each manufacturer has a monopoly on their respective digital storefront, so there's no one for them to compete with on price
2. Brick and Mortar stores would throw a world-class hissy fit if digital games were priced less than physical games, and probably stop carrying them altogether, which would mean way less money for the manufacturer.

Digital games often go on sale though, at least in PSN's case.