Starting to think downloading games isnt worth no tax charges

#11Sith JediPosted 12/31/2013 2:24:27 PM
You can find almost any game for $40 or less within 2-3 weeks of release if you keep your eyes open for deals. That always beats no tax.
#12yiangaruuugaPosted 12/31/2013 2:26:41 PM
I believe that's also due to your ISP. What is your download speed?
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.
#13kidwgmPosted 12/31/2013 2:51:51 PM(edited)
The fact that I don't have to get up and change discs makes digital worth it.
---
Currently Playing: DR3, Ryse, CoD Ghosts, SM3DW and ACNL FC: 4811-7436-8881
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)
#14bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 12/31/2013 2:32:36 PM
strukelj posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
They charge tax.

depends where ur from

Oregon FTW
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.
#15Shadow_ZujedPosted 12/31/2013 3:58:17 PM
Quote:The fact that I don't have to get up and change discs makes digital worth it.
@kidwgm

That's what I'm saying.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.11
#16aszsithPosted 12/31/2013 6:22:23 PM
Shadow_Zujed posted...
Quote:The fact that I don't have to get up and change discs makes digital worth it.
@kidwgm

That's what I'm saying.

I've already saved over $70 on buying physical this gen. I'm willing to stand once in a while for potentially hundreds or thousands of dollars over the console lifespan. Plus sometimes you need a drink or the restroom anyway.

Digital doesn't have competitive pricing

Digital requires downloading, which in this gen could make people hit their ISP data rate caps FAST. This could end up costing the consumer even more money over time.

Digital is inefficient if bandwidth is low.

Digital can be deactivated with a patch or pulled from the marketplace completely.

The only advantage of digital that people seem to be able to offer is they can change games without leaving their seat.
---
You can put icing on a turd, but that doesn't make it a cupcake!
#17Shadow_ZujedPosted 1/1/2014 12:12:54 AM
Quote:Shadow_Zujed posted...
@kidwgm

That's what I'm saying.

I've already saved over $70 on buying physical this gen. I'm willing to stand once in a while for potentially hundreds or thousands of dollars over the console lifespan. Plus sometimes you need a drink or the restroom anyway.

Digital doesn't have competitive pricing

Digital requires downloading, which in this gen could make people hit their ISP data rate caps FAST. This could end up costing the consumer even more money over time.

Digital is inefficient if bandwidth is low.

Digital can be deactivated with a patch or pulled from the marketplace completely.

The only advantage of digital that people seem to be able to offer is they can change games without leaving their seat.

@aszsith

That's all well and good, but I'm going to keep buying digital.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.11
#18mcnichojPosted 1/1/2014 12:35:40 AM
strukelj posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
They charge tax.

depends where ur from
Then the lack of digital tax in a state should apply to actual shops.
I used my Delaware address for a while on PSN to avoid tax. I could do the same with retail games there.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.