OK i just got Ryse from GameFly how long is the install supposed to take?

#1unclekoolaid73Posted 12/31/2013 1:27:54 PM
Been 1 hour and still says 0%. I turned it off thinking it wasn't working. I turned it back on and the notification tab said "Update was interrupted" or something of that nature.

So I know it was updating but what the hell is taking so long? Is this normal? Should it be taking this long?

Should I install the game first then apply the update? These install times are ridiculous.
#22ndAtomiskPosted 12/31/2013 2:11:04 PM
The Xbox likes to download updates before it starts installing for whatever reason. Install while offline and it shouldn't be an issue.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#3EllesarienPosted 12/31/2013 2:12:36 PM
unclekoolaid73 posted...
Been 1 hour and still says 0%. I turned it off thinking it wasn't working. I turned it back on and the notification tab said "Update was interrupted" or something of that nature.

So I know it was updating but what the hell is taking so long? Is this normal? Should it be taking this long?

Should I install the game first then apply the update? These install times are ridiculous.

Might have to do a hard reboot to reset it.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#4nmercyPosted 1/1/2014 11:47:01 AM
Took me almost 2 hours if I recall correctly.
---
PSN: NMercy / Xbox GamerTag: N Mercy
Kit's Closet (www.kitscloset.com) - Home of Strawberry Syrup
#5billsfanno1Posted 1/1/2014 12:01:27 PM
I'm guessing it took me about 15 minutes on Christmas morning. There is a patch that needs to be downloaded, that's what's making it take so long. Sorry to hear you're having problems, probably bandwidth/ISP related. Well worth the wait though as it is the best next gen graphics so far and a fun hack and slash to boot. Good luck!
#6desert_santaPosted 1/1/2014 12:12:57 PM
Installed offline 20 mins or so.

At some point internet was on so I had to wait an hour or so for the update. Can't really remember the exact time.