Is LED the best option for a gaming TV? (42" size tops)

#21vashtrichamPosted 1/1/2014 8:40:18 AM
Killah Priest posted...
even with image retention issues most plasmas are by far the best unless you're talking really top tier LED/LCD which would be about even.

Depends on what you are looking for, plasma for the past few years have been slacking in the input lag department. As a gaming tv plasma are not the greatest currently
---
Marvel heroes: Cap and Gambit
#22Killah PriestPosted 1/1/2014 8:50:02 AM
Depends on what you are looking for, plasma for the past few years have been slacking in the input lag department. As a gaming tv plasma are not the greatest currently

Same can be said about LED/LCD. You are correct tho LED/LCD has made a lot of progress on the input lag and PQ side of things where as plasma didn't really have much room for improvement and is becoming less and less popular.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#23CrysianiaPosted 1/1/2014 9:26:29 AM
I bought
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BV6411Q/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pretty awesome 42 inch tv, I think its also one of if not the best for gaming because of the very low input lag.
---
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul
#24vashtrichamPosted 1/1/2014 9:34:33 AM
Crysiania posted...
I bought
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BV6411Q/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pretty awesome 42 inch tv, I think its also one of if not the best for gaming because of the very low input lag.

Not sure about that tv exactly but the W9 is hands down the best gaming tv of 2013 followed by its little brother
---
#25solo1300Posted 1/1/2014 9:35:01 AM
These threads are somewhat flawed, everyone is going to suggest that the TV they bought is the best thing since sliced bread. Nobody is going to admit they blew $1000+ on a crap TV.

I personally love Plasma, mine is a couple of years old now, undoubtedly there are better TV's and technology out there, I've had zero complaints from mine. No ghosting, no lag, incredible blacks and colours. There is a little glare from it's glass front in full sunlight but thankfully I have that high tech device, called curtains.
---
XBL: - Rince, Wii-U:- Bigbruiser, PSN:- Moonkey1300
#26vashtrichamPosted 1/1/2014 9:39:57 AM(edited)
solo1300 posted...
These threads are somewhat flawed, everyone is going to suggest that the TV they bought is the best thing since sliced bread. Nobody is going to admit they blew $1000+ on a crap TV.

I personally love Plasma, mine is a couple of years old now, undoubtedly there are better TV's and technology out there, I've had zero complaints from mine. No ghosting, no lag, incredible blacks and colours. There is a little glare from it's glass front in full sunlight but thankfully I have that high tech device, called curtains.

Every tv has input lag, and people should post the actual input lag numbers instead of just saying no lag. I have seen way to many people in topics like this claim their led or plasma has no lag then when you look up their tv its +40 ms for input lag
---
#27Killah PriestPosted 1/1/2014 9:40:31 AM

I would. I don't justify my purchases so if I made a mistake I'd at least attempt to express my opinion hoping to save someone from making the same mistake.

All of the television tech has its pros and cons so you're best bet is to look at the pros and cons of each type and decide what your priorities are.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#28vashtrichamPosted 1/1/2014 9:44:46 AM
Killah Priest posted...

I would. I don't justify my purchases so if I made a mistake I'd at least attempt to express my opinion hoping to save someone from making the same mistake.

All of the television tech has its pros and cons so you're best bet is to look at the pros and cons of each type and decide what your priorities are.

Pretty much this, i made a mistake with a 2013 samsung led, great overall tv but at the time there were no input lag numbers out so i just took the plunge. 4 months later and i ended up picking up a W9 and couldnt be happier. This is all after owning a 2011 and 2012 panny plasma, a 2010 samsung led and a 2008 sony led. For me input lag followed by colors and screen uniformity are my most important features
---
#29CrysianiaPosted 1/1/2014 9:52:22 AM
vashtricham posted...
Crysiania posted...
I bought

Not sure about that tv exactly but the W9 is hands down the best gaming tv of 2013 followed by its little brother

Ah ye i ment to say "for the price", my bad.
---
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul
#30solo1300Posted 1/1/2014 9:57:56 AM
http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/input-lag

Maybe helpful not a massive number of TV's in the database, but a rough idea of the variance of "input lag". There is probably a level where even though lag is present, you may not be able to see it.
---
XBL: - Rince, Wii-U:- Bigbruiser, PSN:- Moonkey1300