What position in the videogame industry do you see the Xbox One in in 2 years?

#1jim200Posted 12/31/2013 8:14:15 PM
I see it having a more positive image after the near scandal DRM issue this year.

I see Halo being revived as a system seller either next year or early 2015.

I want to be able to make an avatar of myself using the Kinect's 3D scanning technology.

The price will be cut by $50 in 2015. Maybe around E3 that year.

I presume 3 different skins of the console will come out for certain games, and at least 5 different controller skins will come out for different games in that same time.

There might be an adapter for a wireless AC internet connection, as it will become more commonplace and seeing as how games are in the 50+ GB range of size now to download.

What are your predictions?
---
PSN: Jemi200 ::: NNID: Jemi200 ::: 3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
I Pre-Ordered an Xbox One and PS4 Within Hours of Each Other on June 10th, 2013
#2pwnater777Posted 12/31/2013 8:20:11 PM
If the Wii U begins getting bigger, more substantial 3rd party games that really utilize the 1080p resolution of the console, then that (along with the ability to upgrade to 3TB) makes it a legitimate threat to push Micro$oft into 3rd place of the console trio for this gen. Not to mention the price, of which it's almost assured that the Wii U will drop again soon. Don't underestimate.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#3CKnightPosted 12/31/2013 8:21:05 PM

Do some research and tell me how many copies Halo 4 sold and how many Xbox 360 Halo 4 editions were sold.

And then tell me if you still think Halo needs to be revived. Halo 4 was a huge hit for the Xbox 360.
#4PulpPosted 12/31/2013 8:22:23 PM
I predict Xbone sales will drop sharply into the new year, while sales for the PS4 will continue to outpace the competition. I don't believe MS will drop the price, simply because they can't.

I expect that, come the end of this gen -- sales for the console will be comparable with the Wii U...but I am not sure which will sell more. It's a fight for second place at best, with Nintendo enjoying more exclusives.
---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.
#5-Oath-Posted 12/31/2013 8:26:05 PM
The 3DS was laughed at when it was released. After some price drops and things like that, it has become EXTREMELY successful. The Wii-U can do the same in my opinion.
#6jim200(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2013 8:27:40 PM
CKnight posted...

Do some research and tell me how many copies Halo 4 sold and how many Xbox 360 Halo 4 editions were sold.

And then tell me if you still think Halo needs to be revived. Halo 4 was a huge hit for the Xbox 360.

Maybe you didn't get the context. Call of Duty is a system seller nowadays. Halo sold a ton but wasn't considered a system seller compared to the billion dollar in a day CoD. That's what I'm talking about. Halo used to be the number one top seller, I want it to be revived as that. No hostility here.
---
#7CKnightPosted 12/31/2013 8:37:39 PM
jim200 posted...
CKnight posted...

Maybe you didn't get the context. Call of Duty is a system seller nowadays. Halo sold a ton but wasn't considered a system seller compared to the billion dollar in a day CoD. That's what I'm talking about. Halo used to be the number one top seller, I want it to be revived as that. No hostility here.

CoD makes a billion in a day releasing on everything on the market. Halo is a console exclusive and part 4 still pushed nearly 9 million units and 360 consoles.

Your standard is dumb. It's like saying Gran Turismo 6, God of War, Gears of War and such aren't console sellers because they don't put up CoD numbers.

If you think Halo, Uncharted, Forza, GT and many other exclusives aren't console sellers your a fool .

GT5 sold 10 million copies, you think it didn't push consoles because it didn't make a billion in day like CoD?

Do you think games that sale over 8 million are failures because they aren't CoD numbers?

You know how many multiplatform games barely pushed 3 million in combined sales wish they could push that many units?
#8jim200(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2013 8:46:27 PM
CKnight posted...
jim200 posted...
CKnight posted...

CoD makes a billion in a day releasing on everything on the market. Halo is a console exclusive and part 4 still pushed nearly 9 million units and 360 consoles.

Your standard is dumb. It's like saying Gran Turismo 6, God of War, Gears of War and such aren't console sellers because they don't put up CoD numbers.

If you think Halo, Uncharted, Forza, GT and many other exclusives aren't console sellers your a fool .

GT5 sold 10 million copies, you think it didn't push consoles because it didn't make a billion in day like CoD?

Do you think games that sale over 8 million are failures because they aren't CoD numbers?

You know how many multiplatform games barely pushed 3 million in combined sales wish they could push that many units?

Ok Halo lover you won!
---
#9Cornbread4lifePosted 12/31/2013 8:47:30 PM
jim200 posted...
CKnight posted...

Dude you made a topic on this board. Like it or not, you're getting hostility.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
#10METALINGUS5150Posted 12/31/2013 8:49:26 PM
Lots of crappy Kinect games.