2014 A year that the Xbox One will become dominate or fall

#21Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 1/1/2014 10:19:19 AM
The biggest problem will be that it's $500 in the slow months too. The months where purchases are down for consoles it could be hit really hard because of the price but it still isn't going to fall.
---
If LeBron shoots below 56 percent for the regular(obviously) season(2013-14) I'll close my account.
#22SmoshCuchPosted 1/1/2014 10:31:29 AM
Like virtually every correct answer in the history of man: somewhere between two extremes.
#23fear of marsPosted 1/1/2014 1:17:48 PM
bessy67 posted...
I never understood the mentality that it has to be dominant or it's a failure. Why can't it be in second place and still be successful?

It can. The gaming community doesn't like to admit something like that though, so keep it quiet!
---
I like the way you die boy.
#24GevousPosted 1/1/2014 1:50:29 PM
Neither. It won't pass ps4, but still do very well. Anyway, sure titanfall is coming to x1 (and 360/PC), but ps4 is coming to japan soon which will bump sales up more than a game would for x1.
---
FC 3DS: 5327-1143-0537
#25WiiStationOnePosted 1/1/2014 1:58:13 PM
Well they are just gonna burn their purchasersand their homes to the ground. In turn, the Xbox will have no more brainwashed fans; therefore, none else will buy the console.
#26stretch126Posted 1/1/2014 2:02:09 PM
SirLemont posted...
I really think you guys are putting too much expectations on Titanfall. When it's all said and done, it's an EA game.

Im thinking the same thing. Ive seen the gameplay and stuff and im just stuck wondering what are they doing thats making everybody fiend for this game. Maybe its the mobility aspect of the game. It looks fun and ill probably buy it but geesh people are acting like its going to be how Halo was with xbox before it went downhill haha.
#27OZ_ArchangelPosted 1/1/2014 3:13:10 PM
Deny that it will be a big year for MS. It will sell ok but I doubt it will overtake ps4, if anything the ps4 may destroy MS this year. I know alot of MS fans are hyping up halo and Titanfall but neither will be a system seller. End of the day you need a complete library to sell systems and Sony will be releasing some pretty good games this year and come e3 Im sure they will announce more (yes I know MS will also). End of the day I think the ps4 is ahead still because the price is lower and people know that sony have more library options than ms can ever dish out. So in short, MS wont fail theyll take it as a good year, but Sony will come out better
---
"Why do you hesitate to extend the power of Macedon - your power"-Alexander The Great
#28VirobotPosted 1/1/2014 3:25:00 PM
EvilScythe posted...
dominate. The lineup looks legit. Titanfall believe it or not WILL push some dudebros into buying the system.

PC.
---
PSN/Steam:Jareski
#29Pixx0Posted 1/1/2014 4:01:06 PM
TheSilentRaven posted...
This depends if Sony developers can actually make exclusives that are geared more towards gameplay and substance over being nothing but eye candy.

If Titanfall is successful then I think the PS4 is out for a bit as well, but we won't know that till March.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#30whitepsychtiger(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 11:00:49 PM
fear of mars posted...
bessy67 posted...
I never understood the mentality that it has to be dominant or it's a failure. Why can't it be in second place and still be successful?

It can. The gaming community doesn't like to admit something like that though, so keep it quiet!

In regards to competition, if you're in between you're being compared to a product of a greater user base and potentially in quality, so you'll be lacking behind in comparative success, thus not a complete success in the majority of consumer eyes, this is due to bad PR (DRM Spyware BS) Iack of sales (compared to PS4 sales, correct me of I'm wrong) and just the overall interest. When I said "fall" I should've phrased better to falling behind, but I don't see how fall is interpereted to a failure.

This matter is truly in the context of competition and profit is an edgy term to use for dominance or fall. If something costed $10 to make and made a profit of 40$ per sale but only sold q,000 units, would look more appealing than something that sold 10,000 units but had a twentieth of that profit margin. I'm not saying the Xbox One won't be a successful console, but will it lead the competition or fall behind, becoming second or even third place. Another factor is, if MS looks at the Xbox One and notices it is lagging behind the PlayStation 4 or even the Wii U they'll sink more money into the console to make it better causing less profit and a lesser chance of success, if they're attempts don't propel the console's sales.
---
GT:PhantomGenetics Playing: DkS, Minecraft 360, GTAV, Battleblock Theater
Awaiting:Destiny,The Division, Watch Dogs, No Man's Sky, Telltale's GoT and TW3