how much do battlefield 4 and cod ghosts look different on ps4

#21Rome218Posted 1/1/2014 10:59:53 AM
The games might look nicer on PS4, but they need to be played on Xbone's controller.

People can tell you that it has this many more pixels, but at the end of the day it isn't going to make CoD or BF 4 look that much different from the xbone version.

Even a game like AC at 900p, it did not shock me in visuals. It looks just like I remembered AC 4 on 360, cept.. more shiny when I pay attention. I do not feel like I'm getting a new experience. I want to get games I enjoy on xbone because the controller is great, and I think it will be the standard for console FPS fans and pc users who like a controller.
#2295_EclipsePosted 1/1/2014 11:31:09 AM
Depends on how good your TV is.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#2395_EclipsePosted 1/1/2014 11:34:20 AM(edited)
Rome218 posted...
The games might look nicer on PS4, but they need to be played on Xbone's controller.

Ps4 controller => Xbox 360 controller > XBO controller.

As for AC looking the same, you should try it on Ps4, it looks much better than last gen games. (unless your TV sucks)
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#24MetaIGearRexPosted 1/1/2014 11:33:24 AM
Anybody who thinks there is a noticeable difference at this point are fooling themselves. These EARLY gen games on either system are in no way indicative of what either console is capable of. Both console will have games in the near future that make these games look dated.
---
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life." - Mickey Mantle
#25krystylaPosted 1/1/2014 11:34:30 AM
95_Eclipse posted...
Rome218 posted...

Ps4 controller => Xbox 360 controller > XBO controller.

I didn't lime the DS4 the sticks felt like a condom and the triggers are too small
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#26garcia_jxPosted 1/1/2014 12:12:27 PM
dnmt posted...
BF4 on PS4 is 900p compared to the Xbone's 720p and with a more solid framerate to boot.

Ghosts on PS4 is 1080p compared to the Xbone's 720p, both have a solid 60fps.

The biggest issue in my opinion is the Xbone's horrible upscaler which ruins everything that isn't 1080p native by crushing blacks and sharpening the picture drastically.

By crushing blacks, what do you mean?
#27Foxx3kPosted 1/1/2014 12:15:40 PM
All I can say about Ghosts is that while it usually runs well, the Stonehaven map CRIPPLES the frame rate ... the Xbox 360 version runs flawlessly.

Ghosts is a mess on next-gen. The Xbox One version of Ghosts is probably the best, though, because it's the only one that actually uses dedicated servers. Although, honestly, that could just be because it has such a small player base. I'm shocked if I see more than 50,000 players on at peak hours.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#28garcia_jxPosted 1/1/2014 12:18:44 PM
Virobot posted...
MetaIGearRex posted...
They've got side by side comparisons on multiple game sites. For my money X1 looks better in any comparison I saw. My bro has a PS4 but our consoles are not side by side and I dont notice a difference when I play on his PS4.

You can't go by comparison videos on the internet or youtube. For one, that small screen of yours makes it difficult to spot resolution differences, and most video sites are capped at a certain FPS.

The only way to tell for sure is to hook and ps4 and an Xbone to 2 big screens and put them side by side.

That's my belief as well.
#29dnmtPosted 1/1/2014 12:48:43 PM
garcia_jx posted...
dnmt posted...
BF4 on PS4 is 900p compared to the Xbone's 720p and with a more solid framerate to boot.

Ghosts on PS4 is 1080p compared to the Xbone's 720p, both have a solid 60fps.

The biggest issue in my opinion is the Xbone's horrible upscaler which ruins everything that isn't 1080p native by crushing blacks and sharpening the picture drastically.

By crushing blacks, what do you mean?

Anything dark grey turns to black, losing a ton of detail. Here's a gif of Killer Instinct with and without the upscaler in effect:

http://www.extremetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Killer-Instinct-Comparison.gif

It's quite bad.
#30DojoMaxPosted 1/1/2014 3:16:35 PM
BukoNuTz posted...
Marqmax posted...
So... Yea. Anyways. There isn't much difference. I find that the frame rate is better on both bf4 and ghosts on X1. Graphically. You aren't missing much either way.

Stop spouting your biased fanboy BS. There's a difference on both version. Not only the ps4 looks better, it also performs better.

Do you or have you owned both copies of both games on both systems? Yea. I have.
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | PSN DojoMax | I've had both systems and they're both garbage... :) | stop trollin