how can you tell what player you are from the controller?

#1Explicitz999Posted 1/1/2014 3:42:11 AM
Like the Xbox 360 had light quadrants and the PS4 has color coding.
---
PSN - emubillyPS
#2Millertime660Posted 1/1/2014 3:44:37 AM
it doesnt matter.... the kinect will change which controller is controlling your character when you are holding it.
#3Explicitz999(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 3:45:47 AM
How can the kinect tell?
---
PSN - emubillyPS
#4Explicitz999(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 3:52:33 AM
What about when I play 2 player games? How can we tell which controller is ours just by looking at it?
---
PSN - emubillyPS
#5DeadLock25Posted 1/1/2014 3:57:36 AM
Explicitz999 posted...
How can the kinect tell?

The thing is that it does not matter. Not to the player anyway. There is no reason you need to know who is player one vs player two, not with the Kinect at least.

The Kinect recognizes your face, and automatically assigns a number to you. So when you Alice turns on the X1 and uses a controller, the Kinect sees Alice and assigns her a controller slot, lets call it slot #1. When Bob joins, he gets assigned another slot, this one being slot #2. So regardless of which controller Bob picks up, the Kinect will send a signal telling the controller that Bob is holding to be the one assigned for slot #2. The same thing will happen with Alice, although she will get the slot #1. That means when you pick up a controller in a co-op game, you will always be in control of your character, because the Kinect will send a signal to that controller telling it to switch #s, assuming the Kinect is functional and recognizes you and your profile.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pkmn Y IGN: Pasha || TSV: 2535 ||Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#6Sith JediPosted 1/1/2014 4:05:29 AM
So how do you, or the xbox, know which player is which if you don't use the Kinect?

Genuinely curious since I don't have one yet.
#7Millertime660Posted 1/1/2014 4:25:13 AM
I havent used it yet but im assuming it just asks a profile which side of the screen they want to use. Then the kinect knows which contoller you are using.
#8InjusticeRebornPosted 1/1/2014 5:14:19 AM
Explicitz999 posted...
What about when I play 2 player games? How can we tell which controller is ours just by looking at it?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Kinect supposed to sort things out based on, who's console it is/who was signed in first, and based on where you're sitting?

Example:

I give the commands for the console to turn on as I pick up the controller and turn it on. The Kinect signs me in on my Xbox One through facial recognition. A friend comes over and signs him in the same way. My gamerpic is the first, on the left, and my friend's is the second, on the right of mine. I'm player one, he is player two.

Now originally, I'd sit parallel to the left of the TV screen, and my friend the right. My friend picks up his controller, turns it on, and the Kinect has assigned mine the player 1 controller, my friend's the player 2 controller.

If we were to swap just controllers, the Kinect notices our positions haven't changed, so the controllers switch?

But if we were to switch positions, I'd become player 2, and my friend player 1?

The latter part I'm sure is 100%, but the switching of controllers, not so sure?
#9ssj954vegitoPosted 1/1/2014 7:20:34 AM
The person who starts the match setup is usually P1, I believe.
---
Proud to be EPic.
You ever notice that everything in the universe spins?
#10Explicitz999(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 10:58:39 AM
How is this question so difficult to answer? Im not saying it matters. Im just curious.
---
PSN - emubillyPS