Xbox One leaking liquid

#1RubMyDuckyPosted 1/1/2014 4:19:19 AM
I guess you could say Xbox One got released...prematurely.

http://www.ibtimes.com/xbox-one-problems-next-gen-console-leaks-sticky-liquid-how-will-microsoft-respond-1522554
#2StealthyVlad101Posted 1/1/2014 4:23:10 AM
I guess you could say this has been posted.... many times already.
---
There are many worlds, but they all share the same sky, one sky one wish. GT and PSN: StealthyVlad
#3DojoMaxPosted 1/1/2014 4:23:47 AM
This is new. I didn't know about this. Thanks for the article!!
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | PSN DojoMax | I've had both systems and they're both garbage... :) | stop trollin
#4Semi45aPosted 1/1/2014 4:27:56 AM
this is old. doesnt matter.
---
Asinine, the most overused phrase on gamefaqs for people wanting to sound smart
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#5Sith JediPosted 1/1/2014 4:31:10 AM
New and exciting and unconfirmed!
#6InjusticeRebornPosted 1/1/2014 4:37:06 AM
Didn't know the Xbox One contained the tears of PS fanboys.
#7jjordan0002Posted 1/1/2014 5:03:04 AM
There is nothing liquid inside for it to leak someone has dumped something into it.
---
Xbox Live: D3ad1yV1rus
#8jjordan0002Posted 1/1/2014 5:05:09 AM
Plus the fan isn't strong enough to throw anything out of the top of the console. These pictures just defy the laws of physics, but let the fanboys troll I guess.
---
Xbox Live: D3ad1yV1rus
#9LapanuiPosted 1/1/2014 5:19:31 AM
If there was a weird smell coming from the console at the time, it could have been a capacitor.

I remember my computer was buggered last year, my brother was on it at the time and he said he heard a pop and it started to smell quite badly. Took a bit to find out which component smelt the worst and it was the PSU.

Opened it up and I could see a capacitor had leaked. I'm not skilled enough to replace a capacitor. I didn't take Electronics at school, so I didn't want to risk ruining it. Bought a new PSU and my PC was up and running.

If there was no smell, could be something else.

Like jordan said, the fan wouldn't be strong enough to push something onto the vents. If it was thermal paste, wouldn't it start decreasing in temperature as it traveled further up the heatsink??
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#10Blade SeekerPosted 1/1/2014 6:48:20 AM
Hmm, this picture was on reddit last week with a couple trolls claiming the console got so hot it was stripping the paint.
---
|| Detroit Red Wings || Detroit Tigers || Detroit Pistons || Michigan Wolverines || Tampa Bay Buccaneers ||