Elder Scroll Online....

#11krystylaPosted 1/1/2014 11:32:28 AM
kingbahamut83 posted...
Signed up for the beta. When the game launches, everyone gets 30 days, then its 14.99 a month.

But you have to pay full retail and won't likely be able to complete it in a month
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#12ascendedcobraPosted 1/1/2014 12:36:18 PM
kingbahamut83 posted...
Signed up for the beta. When the game launches, everyone gets 30 days, then its 14.99 a month.
wow really? $15 a month is just too much for a game
I wonder how much I will like it anyways. I absolutely love skyrim but I'm more of a solo player. The Elder scroll games for me are about becoming godlike and taking on anything by myself. I wouldn't really be into having to have a whole team to take down a giant mudcrab.
Still I may try it for a month or two just because it's elder scrolls.
#13scoobydoobydontPosted 1/1/2014 12:55:01 PM
I don't know how to feel here. On one hand I love Bethesda (both BGS as a dev, and Bethesda as a publisher) and want them to do well and not fall into a money losing spiral because of a failed MMO. On the other, too much success with TESO could mean MP **** added to mainline TES or FO, and that would be horrible. Those series' need to focus on improving choice, story and dialogue, not adding modes that will hurt those things even more.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
#14krystylaPosted 1/1/2014 12:56:28 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
I don't know how to feel here. On one hand I love Bethesda (both BGS as a dev, and Bethesda as a publisher) and want them to do well and not fall into a money losing spiral because of a failed MMO. On the other, too much success with TESO could mean MP **** added to mainline TES or FO, and that would be horrible. Those series' need to focus on improving choice, story and dialogue, not adding modes that will hurt those things even more.

The game was outsourced to Zenimax though
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#15scoobydoobydontPosted 1/1/2014 1:01:33 PM(edited)
krystyla posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...

The game was outsourced to Zenimax though

TESO's success or failure will (potentially) effect all of the companies under Zeni's umbrella. Like I said, I'm not sure the right way to root here. I heard just earlier that it cost $200 million to make. That could cut into the next BGS RPG if it were to be too big a failure.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
#16dejavu1982Posted 1/1/2014 3:13:10 PM
krystyla posted...
kingbahamut83 posted...

But you have to pay full retail and won't likely be able to complete it in a month

Mmo's arent supposed to be "completed", there content is always evolving, the ones that ARE able to be completed are the ones that are failing.
#17CMoney003300(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 3:27:25 PM
dejavu1982 posted...
krystyla posted...
kingbahamut83 posted...

Mmo's arent supposed to be "completed", there content is always evolving, the ones that ARE able to be completed are the ones that are failing.

Yeah I was alil confused when they said completed bc they're not suppose to be. Haha
---
Gamertag: CMoney0330
#18schmarkenheimerPosted 1/1/2014 3:30:07 PM
Game looks like a generic mmorpg, don't bother yet. Wait until it's covered.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#19CMoney003300(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 5:04:46 PM
Im just going to buy it with a gift card and see how I like it.
---
Gamertag: CMoney0330
#20I_VTEC_Power_IPosted 1/1/2014 6:05:01 PM
What separate's this game from something like World Of Warcraft?

Excluding being available on consoles of course.
---
Xbox Live : I VTEC Power I PSN : I_VTEC_Power_I
Bring back Honda F1