Why does anyone care which console sells more or wins?

#1JinxPalmPosted 1/1/2014 7:46:41 AM
I bought a PS4 at launch. Did not like the exclusives. Sold it for a slight profit.

I've been very happy with my Xbox one with Killer Instinct, Ryse, Forza, and Dead Rising.

Sony will eventually have great exclusives and ill buy a PS4 again.

Why does anyone care who sells more ? Are people that poor that they can never envision buying the other system?

Do they just have nothing better to do? Maybe own Sony stock?

PS4 will vastly outsell the Xbox one over this generation. That's almost a guarantee. I just can't understand why every other topic is about sales.

Maybe getting old (33 this year) but it drives me crazy coming to these boards anymore.

PS4 will sell the most. Great. Move on and maybe you trolls can all realize there will be a ton of great exclusives on both systems and no matter which company you support you will miss HALF of them if you only support one company.
---
Xbox live gamertag and PSN ID: Jinxpalm
#2LapanuiPosted 1/1/2014 7:54:54 AM
People will cling onto anything that makes the product they support better than the other.

I'm only 21 and I find it stupid that people act this way over bits of metal and plastic. Games are meant to be fun, entertaining and should bring people together.

There are a lot of immature people out their, regardless of how old they are. I can understand someone young doing it, even my age because they are naive, immature and haven't experienced life properly. Older people I don't expect it from at all, unless of course they have no responsibilities at all or just like acting like children. Their parents obviously didn't teach them anything when they were younger.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#3angel609Posted 1/1/2014 8:01:28 AM
Honestly idc about which one is better. I did find myself being a fanboy to my friends trying to get them to get a xbox over ps4. I guess thats where it starts
---
GT-VandaliismZ (with 2 i's) add me
Coolest guy youll ever meet
#4Killah PriestPosted 1/1/2014 8:04:22 AM
Usually the console with more units sold gets better developer support unless its a gimmick like nintendos consoles.

Like xbox 360 early on.

So one may worry if their console of choice isn't selling as well as the others.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#5superluminalPosted 1/1/2014 8:05:45 AM
People care right now because of the drought of games due to just being launched. People will always have aggressive brand loyal conversations, especially with the anonymous nature of the internet. With very little to talk about on the games front, sales number are the only thing they have available to troll/support a brand.

Don't worry, sales number post will go down when the next shiny flashpoint to latch on to comes out.

Did you know Titan Fall is only 720p on Xbone?
---
After the game, the king and pawn go into the same box.
#6JinxPalm(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 8:21:20 AM
superluminal posted...
People care right now because of the drought of games due to just being launched. People will always have aggressive brand loyal conversations, especially with the anonymous nature of the internet. With very little to talk about on the games front, sales number are the only thing they have available to troll/support a brand.

Don't worry, sales number post will go down when the next shiny flashpoint to latch on to comes out.

Did you know Titan Fall is only 720p on Xbone?

If so ill thoroughly enjoy my 720p exclusive. lol
---
Xbox live gamertag and PSN ID: Jinxpalm
#7SunDevil77Posted 1/1/2014 8:24:58 AM
Killah Priest posted...
Usually the console with more units sold gets better developer support unless its a gimmick like nintendos consoles.

Like xbox 360 early on.

So one may worry if their console of choice isn't selling as well as the others.

That was true for last gen. But the architectures have so much more in common now. So many more games are going mutliplat too, there's no sense in third party developers making exclusives unless Sony/Microsoft publishes the game.
---
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#8dnmtPosted 1/1/2014 8:25:17 AM
More consoles sold = better 3rd party support = better quality ports and more games overall. Remember when the PSX and PS2 ruled everything? Yeah, those were actually amazing times for gaming.
#9Killah PriestPosted 1/1/2014 8:29:41 AM
That was true for last gen. But the architectures have so much more in common now. So many more games are going mutliplat too, there's no sense in third party developers making exclusives unless Sony/Microsoft publishes the game.

It still matters, third party support is better on the console with more users as well even if its a matter of just changing a few toggles to get it to run.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.