Will Xbox One get DayZ?

#1nickr2d2Posted 1/1/2014 8:38:10 AM
Yes or no.

Sorry I can't make a poll: lost a lot of Karma recently.
---
"You're using the wrong words to express your still incorrect thoughts" -Foxx3k
#2Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 1/1/2014 8:39:48 AM
last time they said anything it was no on the xbox one
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125057-DayZ-Coming-to-PS4-Ditching-Xbox-One
but who knows they might bring it over since this is half a year old
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#3Troll_DirectoryPosted 1/1/2014 8:45:58 AM
no good reasons it wouldn't. none at at all. especially now that developers know what the xo plan for indies was all along. they're signing up en masse.
#4Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 1/1/2014 8:47:52 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5scoobydoobydontPosted 1/1/2014 9:39:20 AM
DayZ Standalone streams are the best thing ever. Find someone and cooperate? "Kill him!! KILL HIM!! Why aren't you killing him?!" Find someone and kill them? "Aww, you killed him, he was trying to be friendly. You monster!"

Xbone will never get it.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
#6OUberLordPosted 1/1/2014 9:40:55 AM
Dean Hall wants to bring it to the Xbox One, but at the time Microsoft's policies were too restrictive. It's still a possibility, but I can't imagine it doing so until the PC version is well underway.
#7WilkyPosted 1/1/2014 9:55:23 AM
It will need some work as the old engine it uses doesnt render very well so I suppose it depends on the costs as some work still needs to do be done on arma3

no reason why it cant. I would love it to as I could play with an inverted controller which the pc doesn't support right now
#8KabtheMentatPosted 1/1/2014 10:41:41 AM
Wilky posted...
It will need some work as the old engine it uses doesnt render very well so I suppose it depends on the costs as some work still needs to do be done on arma3

no reason why it cant. I would love it to as I could play with an inverted controller which the pc doesn't support right now

FYI, it's the Arma 2 engine. Also, DayZ (along with all of the Arma games) are so badly optimized for the PC that I would be surprised if they could ever get it running on the PS4 and/or Xbox.

Sure the game is still in "early alpha" but I don't see it ever increasing in performance, especially as they start adding more crap to the game.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#9OUberLordPosted 1/2/2014 12:50:08 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
Wilky posted...

FYI, it's the Arma 2 engine. Also, DayZ (along with all of the Arma games) are so badly optimized for the PC that I would be surprised if they could ever get it running on the PS4 and/or Xbox.

Sure the game is still in "early alpha" but I don't see it ever increasing in performance, especially as they start adding more crap to the game.

He's already said that there's not a hardware limitation in doing so. Also, technically its a revamped version of the engine, borrowing components of the ArmA 3 engine. That being said, that's parts from *two* engines that are relatively unoptimized.
#10KabtheMentatPosted 1/2/2014 4:24:41 PM
Oh I'm sure they can get a version up and running on the PS4 or Xbox. But there's no way in hell it'll be a smooth gaming experience.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson