Do you think MS will ever be as giving as Sony is ?

#21Evel138Posted 1/1/2014 10:48:30 AM(edited)
I really appreciated getting Soul Sacrifice for my Vita..

However, do people really expect more recent games, like the ones offered by PSN+, to be "given" out with the games/gold program? The difference between the two is that with games/gold you actually are being "given" the license to the game. Its yours to keep whether you continue your gold sub or not.....with PSN+ you only have access so long as you are a paid sub to the service.

I think its an extraordinarily unreasonable expectation to think games/gold would be "giving" you games that are still worth $20-40 tbqh. Games/gold have typically been $5-15 titles (and arguable decent....I know I enjoyed DR2 and Halo 3 that I hadn't played before)......twice a month.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#22Brandino185Posted 1/1/2014 10:49:31 AM
Evel138 posted...

However, do people really expect more recent games, like the ones offered by PSN+, to be "given" out with the games/gold program? The difference between the two is that with games/gold you actually are being "given" the license to the game. Its yours to keep whether you continue your gold sub or not.....with PSN+ you only have access so long as you are a paid sub to the survive.

I think its an extraordinarily unreasonable expectation to think games/gold would be "giving" you games that are still worth $20-40 tbqh. Games/gold have typically been $5-15 titles (and arguable decent....I know I enjoyed DR2 and Halo 3 that I hadn't played before)......twice a month.
\

I agree. Games for Gold is a much worse and antiquated system. PS Plus is an incentive to renew and keep your susbscription active, Games for Gold is a "Eh, you've had Gold Live for 12 years now, have a copy of Gears 1 and shut up."
#23gambit444Posted 1/1/2014 10:49:37 AM
I have both (PS+ & Live) and they are both peddling garbage. The only time a good game will go free is if it is old first party or has a ton of DLC they are hoping to sell you.

There has never been one game free for either one that i would drop what i am playing to start but at least with live/gold, I know the game will always be there when i hit a lull.

recap:
live:
pros: never expires, 1 of the 2 games offered for the month are usually quality
cons: Old games - if they are quality chances are you owned it a few years ago. only 2 games a month - if you don't like the offering there is a large gap till the next free game

Plus:
Pros: lots of games - seems like about 3 a month, instant game collection - 12 games to start you off 2 of which are good titles
cons: expiring plus - always the sense of urgency to play them before plus expires, lot's o mediocre PSN games

at the end of the day. i'd rather keep the games & be in no rush to play them but i know that is personal preference.
---
Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald
#24Brandino185Posted 1/1/2014 10:54:56 AM
gambit444 posted...
I have both (PS+ & Live) and they are both peddling garbage. The only time a good game will go free is if it is old first party or has a ton of DLC they are hoping to sell you.

There has never been one game free for either one that i would drop what i am playing to start but at least with live/gold, I know the game will always be there when i hit a lull.

recap:
live:
pros: never expires, 1 of the 2 games offered for the month are usually quality
cons: Old games - if they are quality chances are you owned it a few years ago. only 2 games a month - if you don't like the offering there is a large gap till the next free game

Plus:
Pros: lots of games - seems like about 3 a month, instant game collection - 12 games to start you off 2 of which are good titles
cons: expiring plus - always the sense of urgency to play them before plus expires, lot's o mediocre PSN games

at the end of the day. i'd rather keep the games & be in no rush to play them but i know that is personal preference.

Xbox Live never expires? When did MS implement this?
#25Evel138Posted 1/1/2014 10:55:17 AM
Brandino185 posted...
Evel138 posted...

However, do people really expect more recent games, like the ones offered by PSN+, to be "given" out with the games/gold program? The difference between the two is that with games/gold you actually are being "given" the license to the game. Its yours to keep whether you continue your gold sub or not.....with PSN+ you only have access so long as you are a paid sub to the survive.

\

I agree. Games for Gold is a much worse and antiquated system. PS Plus is an incentive to renew and keep your susbscription active, Games for Gold is a "Eh, you've had Gold Live for 12 years now, have a copy of Gears 1 and shut up."

Actually, I'd say that having to pay to play online is much more of an "incentive to renew and keep your subscription active" now with PSN+.

Coincidentally an "antiquated system" the PS fanboys use to flap their gums about with XBL.....funny how they've all stepped right up and taken that one with a smile.
---
#26Brandino185Posted 1/1/2014 10:58:49 AM
Evel138 posted...
Brandino185 posted...
Evel138 posted...

\

Actually, I'd say that having to pay to play online is much more of an "incentive to renew and keep your subscription active" now with PSN+.

Coincidentally an "antiquated system" the PS fanboys use to flap their gums about with XBL.....funny how they've all stepped right up and taken that one with a smile.

The **** are you talking about? Paying for multiplayer is very stupid, and I'm pissed that Sony went this route with the PS4. Having said that, owning a Vita, PS3 and PS4 and having PS+ makes it entirely seamless and worth it completely so the point is moot, really.
#27Evel138Posted 1/1/2014 11:03:31 AM
Same can be said for those that have a 360 / XB1. Having XBLG is "entirely seamless and worth it completely".....so all your trying to make one seem like its drastically different or of more value than the other is moot BS IMHO.
---
#28Brandino185Posted 1/1/2014 11:07:31 AM
Except for the part where PSN has F2P games, media services that don't require PS+, and when you DO subscribe, you get actual relevant games. Bioshock Infinite? Yes please. But yes, have fun with Gears 1 and the first XB1 game will probably be The fighter within.
#29Evel138Posted 1/1/2014 11:18:03 AM
Well tbqh, I'll "have fun" with both services as I'm an 8 year sub to XBLG and a PSN+ member since day one.

That being the case, I get to enjoy not being an ignorant jackass that has to convince himself that these services are drastically different or that one is OH SO much more valuable than the other.

However, I am actually glad SONY smartened up and made ppl pay to play....now maybe their actual network can be built up to par with M$$$$ here over the next few years.
---
#30Troll_DirectoryPosted 1/1/2014 11:26:04 AM
Brandino185 posted...
Xbox Live never expires? When did MS implement this?
your access to the game you downloaded never expires, even if you let your xbl gold subscription lapse. that's what makes games with gold, "free." and games with ps+, "rentals."