Do you think MS will ever be as giving as Sony is ?

#41OandA_PestPosted 1/1/2014 2:06:45 PM
It's funny everytime there's a discussion about this, people have to use the "You're renting free games on PS+" crutch. I pay for PS+ and Xbox Live and, honestly, I'm getting a better value from PS+. I'm "renting" free games that are still relevant, Like Borderlands 2 and Dragon's Dogma. I pay 50$ for a whole year of PS+ all the time, and I'm assuming those who have Xbox Live also renew it as well, no? So what's the problem? Why even use this crutch? "if the service expires, you can't play your gaemz!"

With Xbox Live, I already own Sleeping Dogs, Halo 3, and Deadrising 2. I have had them since those games came out. I played Gears 1 and Ass Creed 2 years and years ago. If Microsoft wasn't giving away old as **** games, and a couple of lame arcade titles, maybe this games for gold thing would be worth bragging about?

I'll go ahead and be happy with the free PS+ "rentals." Let me know when MS gives away games that aren't ancient. Until then, let's try not to rip on Free PS+ games by making excuses and saying they are "rentals" as a crutch. The "rentals" are outdoing MS's Keep-Them-Forevar! games for gold by a longshot.
---
Just call me "Pest." One of countless proud O&A Pests.
Pests take over the Scott Ferrall Show '06 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y95tboOKVR8
#42Killah PriestPosted 1/1/2014 2:07:59 PM
The hell? Are you like an xbox CEOs kid or something?
Or just flat out lying?

Free 360s and 2 free xbones? I call Shenanigans.

no, no, and you'd be wrong.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#43EmbersOfElderPosted 1/1/2014 2:20:28 PM
ITT: Xbots with XBL subscriptions are pissed Sny started charging for multiplayer.

Anyways, PSN Plus is superior, by far. If Xbots can't deal with that then that is their problem but I'd much rather get good free PS3, PS Vita, PSP and PS4 games a month than Gears 1.
#44cris1ussenPosted 1/1/2014 2:54:34 PM
Its funny that nobody mention the XBLG problems with the regions that doesn't have the Xbox Marketplace

This one of the reasons that i prefer PSN and PS+ unlike X360 or One, i can create an alternative account, buy all the stuff that i want and every other users inside in my console can play it, in Xbox the content is tied only to the original buyer and the rest "screw you!", same with the Gold services, at least in PS4 if one of the accounts have PS+, the rest of the PS4 users (inside the same console) can play online

In short words in PS3/4 the content is "shareable with everyone", in Xbox is "Mine, just mine!"
---
3DS Code: 1547-5436-7425, Name: Cristian
AC:NL Dream Code: 4800-2167-4480
#45Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 1/1/2014 3:02:08 PM
Troll_Directory posted...
Brandino185 posted...
Xbox Live never expires? When did MS implement this?
your access to the game you downloaded never expires, even if you let your xbl gold subscription lapse. that's what makes games with gold, "free." and games with ps+, "rentals."

does anyone here even use an xbox one/360 and not have gold?
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#46dj___rollPosted 1/1/2014 3:13:25 PM
Quote:Troll_Directory posted...
Brandino185 posted...
your access to the game you downloaded never expires, even if you let your xbl gold subscription lapse. that's what makes games with gold, "free." and games with ps+, "rentals."

@Cosmic_Diabetic

About 66% of people don't have gold.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.12
#47Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 1/1/2014 3:18:33 PM
dj___roll posted...
Quote:Troll_Directory posted...
Brandino185 posted...

@Cosmic_Diabetic

About 66% of people don't have gold.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/xbox-360-sales-and-xbox-live-membership-numbers-give-microsoft-a-compelling-defense-for-the-always-online-next-xbox/

42% don't have it on the 360. still thats much higher than I thought
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#48dementedlullabyPosted 1/1/2014 3:22:04 PM
xHuckleberry posted...
nickr2d2 posted...
And one other thing: with sony, you don't get to keep the games if you stop paying for PS+. With xbox, you can keep them forever.

Why would you stop paying for PS+?

You can get a crap-ton of free games to play for 50 bucks.

Not only that, but lots of good sales. MS will be doing the same **** soon.

Bet you'll be all "meh" over it then.

I'm not a fan of PS+ because if anything does happen all those games are gone. Like the wind.

But I'll need it when I get the PS4 because no more free MP.
---
XBL/PSN/NNID/Steam:DementedLullaby Origin:DL8286
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#49SomboSteelPosted 1/1/2014 3:24:59 PM
Team_Ninja posted...
NinjaDeath911 posted...
Sleeping dogs is the first "games with gold" title that is not 6 + years old

This is true. I had a chuckle when I saw GOW 1 for free. I've never played the series, but I was almost certain that the series was up to it's 4th or 5th installment already and here they're giving us the 1st one...........................

I thought there was a Magic: The Gathering game that we got for free a few months ago. I believe it was the 2012 "Duels of the Planeswalkers" version or something. That would make it only 1 year old...
#50Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 1/1/2014 3:25:37 PM
dementedlullaby posted...
xHuckleberry posted...
nickr2d2 posted...
And one other thing: with sony, you don't get to keep the games if you stop paying for PS+. With xbox, you can keep them forever.

Why would you stop paying for PS+?

You can get a crap-ton of free games to play for 50 bucks.

Not only that, but lots of good sales. MS will be doing the same **** soon.

Bet you'll be all "meh" over it then.

I'm not a fan of PS+ because if anything does happen all those games are gone. Like the wind.

But I'll need it when I get the PS4 because no more free MP.

you can't play the games if you end your PS+ prescription but if you renew it at a later time you can access all those games again.
---