Nutty, Crazy Gamer Habits

#1SigmaLongshotPosted 1/1/2014 9:24:59 AM
This thread is devoted to those mental, silly or otherwise pointless things you always find yourselves doing in games.

Perhaps it's something harmless yet compulsive (such as reloading after a single bullet is discharged from your clip) or maybe it's something a little more time-consuming that you feel you NEED to do (such as totem-stack your entire team on top of one another in an online game). Maybe it's something completely obsessive-compulsive, such as alphabetically arranging your entire Skyrim inventory ?

Anyway, post yours here!
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#2master_gamr1231Posted 1/1/2014 9:31:48 AM
I almost never use consumable items. I always think "Wait, what if I need it more later?" And later never comes. And then at the end I'm totally overstocked with them.
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!
#3nickr2d2Posted 1/1/2014 9:38:58 AM
1. Never spend money.

2. Never finish game if I won't be able to free-roam anymore/ have to start over.

3. Always reload after firing any amount of bullets. Even just one, like TC said.
---
"You're using the wrong words to express your still incorrect thoughts" -Foxx3k
#4Pantera_head667Posted 1/1/2014 9:40:21 AM
Haha i do that with consumables!! I'm bad with reloading after every use of a gun too. I have a terrible habit of leaving side quests and collectables well alone incase i feel like doing them later, and because i don't want to run out of them and leave myself with nothing left to do!
---
_,-' Dance to the decadence dance '-,_
#5master_gamr1231Posted 1/1/2014 9:43:07 AM
Pantera_head667 posted...
Haha i do that with consumables!! I'm bad with reloading after every use of a gun too. I have a terrible habit of leaving side quests and collectables well alone incase i feel like doing them later, and because i don't want to run out of them and leave myself with nothing left to do!

Oh, gosh, I have a thing about collectibles, too. If I ever find one, I specifically don't collect it. I just get worried that when I'm ready to devote time to collecting them all, I won't remember which ones I already have.
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!
#6SteelToothPosted 1/1/2014 9:44:19 AM
Rarely ever do a second play through, even on games I enjoyed the hell out of, so I have to complete every side mission I can before I finish the main story.
---
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg
#7userfrigginamePosted 1/1/2014 9:48:27 AM(edited)
I order my Pokemon in the boxes based on level and number, and am now in the process of training all of them up to level 100.

I look up all the highest stats in each stat category in football games after every game(YAC, completion percentage, everything).

Every time a new CoD game comes out, I go through a CoD marathon of all the previous games (single player campaigns are short and sweet to replay it over again)

I play games almost as realistically as possible (although I get tired of this sometimes). I walk instead of run in the proper situations. I stop at red lights. I reload a mag only when the clip is empty (I'd think that realistically, you wouldn't just waste ammo and throw away a clip, and games usually magically make the rounds reappear into some magically generated clip). It just seems to me that if I like more immersive experiences, that I actually immerse myself into the world. Anyway, there are plenty more examples.

I order my games alphabetically in a big CD case.

I almost never use magic in games, if there is a limited amount of MP that doesn't fill back up after battles. I rely mainly on physical attacks (which is what drove me crazy in Ni no Kuni).

There's probably more, but... yeah.
#8aszsithPosted 1/1/2014 9:48:02 AM
Drop out the Pokemon stuff as I have never and will never play one of those games (just do not appeal to me in any way), and I have done everything mentioned so far.
---
You can put icing on a turd, but that doesn't make it a cupcake!
#9SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 9:49:05 AM
One thing I will say, and it's almost demonising praise here - I was getting to the point on the Xbox 360, where I'd pop the achievement list as soon as I started the game and occasionally would play the game differently knowing certain criteria would have to be met. For example I might ruin the pacing of a game because I'd try to complete stupid arbitrary challenges along the way.

But on the Xbox One as the achievements aren't quite so instantly-accessed, I find I look to them far less (and don't really check what I got in real-time any longer if one pops up). Now, I think I enjoy games in the more original, intended way again.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#10gambit444Posted 1/1/2014 9:59:11 AM
never buy anything in game that can be gotten for free.
- health potion? no thanks ill just kill enemies till one shows up.

Always save everything in case i need it later.
-i am constantly organizing inventory & am left with old "unique" gear & 100 potions.

Don't buy anything that won't actually add to the game or my stats.
-a white T-shirt that says "rockstar"? no thanks i'll save my money & stick with this ugly leisure suit.

always reload when there is a chance.
- in the lull of a fight, accidently discharged 1 bullet? reload. keep that clip full.

try to cover every area completely before moving on
- wait i didn't see if there was anything worthwhile in that corner of the map that looks like a wang.

There are a lot more but i'll leave it at these for now.
---
Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald