Nutty, Crazy Gamer Habits

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Nutty, Crazy Gamer Habits
3 years ago#1
This thread is devoted to those mental, silly or otherwise pointless things you always find yourselves doing in games.

Perhaps it's something harmless yet compulsive (such as reloading after a single bullet is discharged from your clip) or maybe it's something a little more time-consuming that you feel you NEED to do (such as totem-stack your entire team on top of one another in an online game). Maybe it's something completely obsessive-compulsive, such as alphabetically arranging your entire Skyrim inventory ?

Anyway, post yours here!
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
3 years ago#2
I almost never use consumable items. I always think "Wait, what if I need it more later?" And later never comes. And then at the end I'm totally overstocked with them.
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!
3 years ago#3
1. Never spend money.

2. Never finish game if I won't be able to free-roam anymore/ have to start over.

3. Always reload after firing any amount of bullets. Even just one, like TC said.
"You're using the wrong words to express your still incorrect thoughts" -Foxx3k
3 years ago#4
Haha i do that with consumables!! I'm bad with reloading after every use of a gun too. I have a terrible habit of leaving side quests and collectables well alone incase i feel like doing them later, and because i don't want to run out of them and leave myself with nothing left to do!
_,-' Dance to the decadence dance '-,_
3 years ago#5
Pantera_head667 posted...
Haha i do that with consumables!! I'm bad with reloading after every use of a gun too. I have a terrible habit of leaving side quests and collectables well alone incase i feel like doing them later, and because i don't want to run out of them and leave myself with nothing left to do!

Oh, gosh, I have a thing about collectibles, too. If I ever find one, I specifically don't collect it. I just get worried that when I'm ready to devote time to collecting them all, I won't remember which ones I already have.
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!
3 years ago#6
Rarely ever do a second play through, even on games I enjoyed the hell out of, so I have to complete every side mission I can before I finish the main story.
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg
3 years ago#7
I order my Pokemon in the boxes based on level and number, and am now in the process of training all of them up to level 100.

I look up all the highest stats in each stat category in football games after every game(YAC, completion percentage, everything).

Every time a new CoD game comes out, I go through a CoD marathon of all the previous games (single player campaigns are short and sweet to replay it over again)

I play games almost as realistically as possible (although I get tired of this sometimes). I walk instead of run in the proper situations. I stop at red lights. I reload a mag only when the clip is empty (I'd think that realistically, you wouldn't just waste ammo and throw away a clip, and games usually magically make the rounds reappear into some magically generated clip). It just seems to me that if I like more immersive experiences, that I actually immerse myself into the world. Anyway, there are plenty more examples.

I order my games alphabetically in a big CD case.

I almost never use magic in games, if there is a limited amount of MP that doesn't fill back up after battles. I rely mainly on physical attacks (which is what drove me crazy in Ni no Kuni).

There's probably more, but... yeah.
3 years ago#8
Drop out the Pokemon stuff as I have never and will never play one of those games (just do not appeal to me in any way), and I have done everything mentioned so far.
You can put icing on a turd, but that doesn't make it a cupcake!
3 years ago#9
One thing I will say, and it's almost demonising praise here - I was getting to the point on the Xbox 360, where I'd pop the achievement list as soon as I started the game and occasionally would play the game differently knowing certain criteria would have to be met. For example I might ruin the pacing of a game because I'd try to complete stupid arbitrary challenges along the way.

But on the Xbox One as the achievements aren't quite so instantly-accessed, I find I look to them far less (and don't really check what I got in real-time any longer if one pops up). Now, I think I enjoy games in the more original, intended way again.
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
3 years ago#10
never buy anything in game that can be gotten for free.
- health potion? no thanks ill just kill enemies till one shows up.

Always save everything in case i need it later.
-i am constantly organizing inventory & am left with old "unique" gear & 100 potions.

Don't buy anything that won't actually add to the game or my stats.
-a white T-shirt that says "rockstar"? no thanks i'll save my money & stick with this ugly leisure suit.

always reload when there is a chance.
- in the lull of a fight, accidently discharged 1 bullet? reload. keep that clip full.

try to cover every area completely before moving on
- wait i didn't see if there was anything worthwhile in that corner of the map that looks like a wang.

There are a lot more but i'll leave it at these for now.
Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Nutty, Crazy Gamer Habits

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived