I applaud Microsoft for keeping games coming post-launch.

#1Foxx3kPosted 1/1/2014 12:41:19 PM
Granted, they're all "XBLA" tier games, but I appreciate seeing a trickle of support. I purchased both Max and Peggle 2 and I was going to purchase the Halo twin-stick shooter until I read about its IAP.

I hope this continues at least until we start seeing new retail games trickle out in March.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#2SnickleseedPosted 1/1/2014 12:43:38 PM

um, isn't it a given that when you buy a new console that games are *supposed* to be released post-launch? No console in the history of... ever has been released with a launch line up with zero games afterwards
---
i7 3770 | 8GB | Agility3 120GB SSD | 2TB HD | HD5850 | HX520w | CM Centurion 5
#3bessy67Posted 1/1/2014 12:45:36 PM
Snickleseed posted...

um, isn't it a given that when you buy a new console that games are *supposed* to be released post-launch? No console in the history of... ever has been released with a launch line up with zero games afterwards

A lot of times there are droughts where no games are released for months, especially just after a console launches.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#4billsfanno1Posted 1/1/2014 12:57:47 PM
Agreed. Even though they are XBLA caliber games, they each are great and well worth the $5-$20. Max is such a beautiful and fun puzzle/platformer, something the whole family enjoys. Peggle 2 is addictive, I 100%ed it and am eagerly awaiting DLC. Halo SA is a fun dual stick shooter that was easily worth $5 since I already had it on my tablet. Can't wait to see what Jan brings.
#5Foxx3k(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 1:08:58 PM
Snickleseed posted...

Spoken like somebody who just bought their first console at launch ...
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#6Foxx3k(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 1:10:15 PM
billsfanno1 posted...
Agreed. Even though they are XBLA caliber games, they each are great and well worth the $5-$20. Max is such a beautiful and fun puzzle/platformer, something the whole family enjoys. Peggle 2 is addictive, I 100%ed it and am eagerly awaiting DLC. Halo SA is a fun dual stick shooter that was easily worth $5 since I already had it on my tablet. Can't wait to see what Jan brings.

I'm hoping that we see some of Capy's games occupy the July slot. I know nothing about Below, but I'm stoked for it.

I don't know what else there is. The only games of this sort that they really teased were Peggle, Max, Halo, and Below.

I hope they have some tricks up their sleeve.
---