Geez who's your provider, NASA?
---
"My eyes red cause of all that hate" @_@
#12I_VTEC_Power_IPosted 1/1/2014 9:19:55 PM
Lerp85 posted...
I_VTEC_Power_I posted...
KID VID posted...
GabrielVan posted...
I wish I could afford up/down speeds like that. Im surprised the latency isnt better though

What should my latency be? Higher or lower? Yeah, like I said, I don't know much about specs and computer lingo.

Should be lower. I'd say at least halved.

At that there will be no issues, why does it need to be lowered? Anything below 100 is fine, below 50 is great, as far as I know.

I say that in comparison to how good the rest of his internet is. It may perform without any issues but it seems high to me.
---
Xbox Live : I VTEC Power I PSN : I_VTEC_Power_I
Bring back Honda F1
#13Excal1burPosted 1/1/2014 9:44:43 PM
I think the latency is to maybe their main server in Seattle. I did a speedtest to seattle and got a Latency that was within 5 of what I was getting on X1 with my laptop wired up.
#14XY12BurnzPosted 1/1/2014 9:48:07 PM
In what menu did you find those stats?
#15Excal1burPosted 1/1/2014 9:54:47 PM
XY12Burnz posted...
In what menu did you find those stats?

settings>Network
#16KID VID(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 9:55:55 PM
Just checked again and now my download went up a bit. It's now 80.10Mbps and my upload also went up a speck with 38.37Mbps. Latency went down to 40ms. Everything else stayed the same.

If I'm not mistaking, my internet should be 75 download and 50 upload. I'm not close to hitting those numbers with my upload. Should this be something I should call my ISP for or is that number "close enough?"
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#17KID VID(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 10:00:00 PM
hollow-sasuke posted...
Geez who's your provider, NASA?

Haha. Nope. Verizon Fios. Just got it about two months ago.
---
#18TwistedxL3G3NDPosted 1/1/2014 10:08:10 PM
The latency is fine if you're on wireless, if you're on Ethernet it should be at least halved. i have the same internet speeds as you from Fios but my latency is always less than 10.
---
Hey guise look at my PC specs I'm sure you all care!
#19Excal1burPosted 1/1/2014 10:11:30 PM
TwistedxL3G3ND posted...
The latency is fine if you're on wireless, if you're on Ethernet it should be at least halved. i have the same internet speeds as you from Fios but my latency is always less than 10.

hes not talking about doing a test on Speedtest.net its on the Xbox One.
#20KID VID(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 10:41:19 PM
TwistedxL3G3ND posted...

Yeah, I'm not on wireless. My Xbox One is wired, but there's three smartphones and a laptop that use wifi at my house. I'm not sure if that'll make a difference.

Also, I was playing my Xbox 360 (Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix) with my friend when I first got Fios. He also has Fios. Anyhow, that game shows his ping and it was always floating around 5-15. Is ping the same thing as latency or are they related in anyway?
---