controller connectivity issues

#1el3ctr0nic47Posted 1/1/2014 6:59:11 PM
I have my X-Box One hooked up in my room and the just the other day I had a party and I noticed for the first time controller connectivity issues. We were all playing NBA 2K14 and we were rotating with each other during each game. Now 2K requires for a second controller to be connected as a guest. For example, gamertag(1). The problem is that the controller kept disconnecting at random times. I believe its because whenever people were passing in and out of my room they were blocking the sensor causing it to disconnect. And two, when signing in as a guest I had to get someone to use the Kinect to "recognize" them as a gametag(1). The thing is because we were all rotating between games, the "original" gamertag(1) recognized by Kinect is out of its sensor causing a disconnection.

Now, has anyone experienced this problem? And how can I improve this connectivity issue in the future? Is there a way I can just sign in as a guest without having to use the Kinect?
#2CRASS5000Posted 1/1/2014 7:01:45 PM
I haven't had that problem, but every time I start a game in the park I get a brief "please reconnect controller" message during the player intros.
---
GT. CRASS RAT GT2. LBC iGoNegative
*Official Topic Killer*
#3staticxtreme5Posted 1/1/2014 9:09:25 PM
Your not alone, I know that much. Tonight was the first chance I've had to play some multiplayer with company, and I was kinda embarrassed at how much trouble it gave us. Maybe its just my inexperience at local multiplayer on the One, but we had all kinds of problems keeping a guest signed in and able to play on Forza. I'm sure things will get ironed out with some upcoming patches but it definitely was a pain. I also feel that it was partially due to a guest having to be seen by Kinect and people coming and going and such, it just confused it too much. I'm not sure why its necessary with a guest account. Hopefully its a quick fix though.
#4Bowser05Posted 1/1/2014 9:25:20 PM
I've had this problem with Forza and KI. It must be a system-wide issue. I narrowed it down to an issue with the Kinect detecting the player and resetting the player based on who is holding the controller. Brilliant idea in concept...but clearly broken in execution.

The only solution I can think of for now is to maybe turn off the Kinect when playing local multiplayer? I haven't tried that yet, but next time my cousin is over I shall.
---
Playing:Dragon Age 2,LBP,K:CC,FFXIII,Gears3,Borderlands,PkMnW,DKCR,Halo Reach,Assassin's Creed
Still waiting for Nintendo to release Mother 3 in the US...