Passthrough Question

#1Bowser05Posted 1/1/2014 9:37:39 PM
Hey guys! So I've been playing around with plugging devices into my Xbox One. Now keep in mind that I am aware that there is supposed to be a slight amount of audio/visual (presumably negligible) which is fine. I've tested out with my Xbox 360 and my PS3...which seem to work beautifully.

I tried playing God of War online and didn't notice any sort of input lag or anything that made a difference. I played a cutscene and noticed all lips seemed to be in perfect sync. I made the same test on my 360 with Halo 4 (online and offline cutscene) without any problems.

Now my issue comes with my Wii U. I played it plugged directly into my TV and there was no lag. The gamepad and TV were perfectly in sync. When I plug it into my X1 There is about a quarter of a second lag it seems. I can clearly hear it and I tried playing Super Mario World and could clearly notice the slight video lag (it felt like playing the original Mega Man). I also noticed that when initially turning on the Wii U the X1 would take much longer to detect it than the other systems. I have a basic understanding of how the Wii U transmits this data between the Gamepad, TV and system...so I'm assuming this is just an issue with the system itself.

That being said, I was wondering if anybody else had this issue at all and if there is possibly a fix? THANKS!

As a side note, I'd like to mention that I tested all 3 systems with 2 HDMI cables, so I know it's not the cables.
---
Playing:Dragon Age 2,LBP,K:CC,FFXIII,Gears3,Borderlands,PkMnW,DKCR,Halo Reach,Assassin's Creed
Still waiting for Nintendo to release Mother 3 in the US...
#2AtomicMenacePosted 1/1/2014 10:24:10 PM
The only example of this I have seen was IGN's showing of the delay while attempting to play Super Mario 3D World. This showed the painful delay that you speak of. As far as I know there is no way to fix this as it all has to do with the hardware in question. This video can easily be found on their site or via Youtube.

I am interested in the fact that you say the 360 and PS3 work fine with no noticeable lag as I have heard this from one other source. I've already moved my last-gen systems to my bedroom, but hearing these reports tempts me to haul one of them back into the living room to test this out.
#3popping4itPosted 1/1/2014 10:34:12 PM
you're just not able to perceive the difference in display lag on the 360/ps3 because the game you tested are probably 30fps. play something like geometry wars download the demo if you dont have it.
---
whens mahvel?
#4Bowser05(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2014 12:20:57 PM
I do actually own Geometry Wars. I'll try that.

Also that's a good point. If I'm not mistaken the Wii U runs a lot at 60fps which makes sense. I just don't understand why the Virtual Console games would be a problem. I mean...I'm pretty sure the SNES did not run at 60fps...

I know Halo isn't 60 and I would assume Ascension is the same (GoW3 was 30 if I remember correctly). So good point.

So it seems like, so far, that if you play 30fps games there is negligible lag...but 60 fps there isn't. I need to get a copy of BF3 and try it as well.

Thanks for the info! I'll do some more tests later today and come back with the results.
---
Playing:Dragon Age 2, Killer Instinct, Spartan Assault, Forza 5, Skyward Sword, Heart of the Swarm
Still waiting for Nintendo to release Mother 3 in the US...