So...what's with the bumpers on the controller?

#11Rome218Posted 1/6/2014 9:36:28 PM
How long til you had the controller? It felt a little off at first, but in no time I was used to it, and I regard the xbone controller as the best controller ever made.
#12OkayPlayer1Posted 1/6/2014 11:43:14 PM
I find myself pushing the bumpers with the outside of my first knuckle on my index fingers with my fingers on the triggers. Real easy to hit both the trigger and bumper in rapid succession or at the same time, and you keep your finger on the triggers at all times. Feels second nature after using it for a while, it's how I use my 360 pad whenever I pull that out. My only complaint is that the thumbsticks could be bigger.
#13Millertime660Posted 1/7/2014 12:08:41 AM
OkayPlayer1 posted...
I find myself pushing the bumpers with the outside of my first knuckle on my index fingers with my fingers on the triggers. Real easy to hit both the trigger and bumper in rapid succession or at the same time, and you keep your finger on the triggers at all times. Feels second nature after using it for a while, it's how I use my 360 pad whenever I pull that out. My only complaint is that the thumbsticks could be bigger.

Yeah... once you understand that this is how it was designed you get used to using it this way. I would take the new bumpers over the old ones anyday now.
#14656stoogePosted 1/7/2014 12:48:24 AM(edited)
I don't have much of a problem with them luckily, but they are a step back from the 360. How many millions did they put into R&D for his pad?
Seems like it would have been a pretty obvious issue to notice.

On a side note; the Wii U's bumpers feel better than any other controller I've used. Really highlights how stiff the X1's are.
---
Typing on a phone, so ignore all spelling mistakes. Damn autocorrect.
#15MicroSheridanPosted 1/7/2014 1:11:12 AM
the only game they bother me in is killer instinct
#16demonicsnakePosted 1/7/2014 2:24:33 AM
I have had no problem with the new controller got use to it right away can go back and forth from using the 360 and x1 controller no problem
#17koichiPosted 1/7/2014 2:27:38 AM
The buttons arent the best but they arent the worse. you just got to realize that the buttons click more towards the end of the controller since they are hinged towards the middle.
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)
#18LapanuiPosted 1/7/2014 4:55:59 AM
I don't really see any problems with the controller at all. I've only had the X1 since last Tuesday. As soon as I picked up the controller it felt great and naturally comfortable.

The best thing about it, is the fact that the guide button isn't in between the start and back button. I hated accidentally pressing it during certain games.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#19xninjagrrlPosted 1/7/2014 5:24:24 AM
No clue but the new bumpers are hard to reach/press
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.